For other variants of this item, see enhanced
Excalibur is a legendary quest weapon that was wielded by King Arthur. To wield this weapon, the player needs at least level 30 Attack. Its stats are the same as those of a mithril longsword. It also has a special ability activated by right-clicking it while equipped which raises the user's Defence by 8 levels. This weapon cannot be made using the Smithing skill. To receive Excalibur, the player must complete the Merlin's Crystal quest to a certain point. It's seen again in the Holy Grail quest.
A player activates Excalibur's special ability.
It can be displayed in a player-owned house with level 42 Construction.
This item is never retained upon death and players will have to return to the Lady of the Lake to get it back. She will charge 500 coins to return it.
The Lady of the Lake will turn this weapon into the Enhanced Excalibur after completing all achievements up to hard Seers' Village achievements. Players cannot mount the weapon for display in their quest hall after the enhancement. Players may receive another Excalibur for 500 coins by talking with Lady of the Lake, even if they have mounted one in their house.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 7 August 2017 (Update):
- The Excalibur special attack will now display healing hitsplat symbols for the duration of its activation.
- ninja 23 February 2015 (Update):
- Players can now activate Excalibur and Enhanced Excalibur from their inventories.
- patch 10 November 2014 (Update):
- Players can no longer use the Excalibur special effect in Duel Arena with the abilities rule toggled off.
- patch 20 October 2014 (Update):
- Excalibur can now be stored in a keepsake box.
- update 29 September 2014 (Update):
- Excalibur has been graphically updated.
- patch 13 January 2014 (Update):
- The stated Attack level for Excalibur has been amended in the skill guide.
- patch 11 December 2012 (Update):
- Players can no longer wield two enhanced excaliburs by speaking to the Lady of the Lake with Excalibur equipped.
- patch 4 December 2012 (Update):
- The Holy Grail quest information reflects the correct stats to wield Excalibur.
- patch 11 April 2012 (Update):
- Playing the Werewolf emote alongside Excalibur's special attack no longer turns the player invisible.
- In Arthurian mythology, Excalibur was the magical sword wielded by King Arthur.
- Excalibur's ability was previously a special attack.
- On 20 January 2009, the inventory image for Excalibur was updated to coincide with the release of the Seers' Village Tasks. Players who had Excalibur, or did the quest, before the update still had the old inventory model, even when trying to buy a new one. This was fixed on 29 September 2014.
- Before the Evolution of Combat update, despite having an adamant longsword's stats, it required only level 20 Attack.
- Excalibur, as a main hand weapon, technically has a higher damage rating than Enhanced Excalibur, an off-hand weapon. However, the latter still has a far superior accuracy rating as well as an improved effect.
- Previously, players had to be wearing the Seers' headband 3 when speaking with the Lady of the Lake in order to have the Excalibur enchanted.