The corrupt dragon mace was released on 15 October 2008 along with the PvP worlds. It is the strongest mace available to non-members, but it crumbles to dust after a mere 30 minutes of wielding. It requires 60 Attack to wield.
Players can obtain this item either by trading with another player, or by receiving it as a very rare drop from killing Revenants or the Chaos Elemental.
It is the strongest f2p crush weapon outside of Daemonheim and has the highest prayer bonus of any f2p weapon. It is 30,766 coins less expensive than its scimitar counterpart, but has the same accuracy and damage, with an added prayer bonus that the scimitar lacks. This makes the mace superior against opponents without specific weakness (King Black Dragon, player killing), or those weak to crush (deadly red spider).
This item does not require the completion of Heroes' Quest.
Warning: Once equipped for longer than a few seconds, it will have the word (deg) added to its name and it becomes untradeable. Using this item in combat adds the (deg) to its name almost instantly, also rendering it untradeable. If allowed to degrade to dust, it costs 55,806 per hour to use.
Once it starts degrading, its alchemy value is immediately reduced to 60%. By using an external timer, players can keep track of how long the item has been used (pausing the timer when it is unequipped). Assuming use of staff of fire or equivalent, high alching it right before it degrades to dust would cost 20,400 per hour of use (slightly higher in practice, as it would be wise to err on the side of caution and leave a bit of spare usage time remaining). Explorer's ring 4 is helpful as it can cast High Level Alchemy for free 15 times per day and is also the strongest F2P ring in combat.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 30 April 2013 (Update):
- The correct prayer bonus had been added to degraded versions of the corrupt dragon mace.
- update 20 November 2012 (Update):
- Graphical improvements to corrupt dragon weapons, previously only available in the Evolution of Combat Beta, are now live in the game.
- 11 November 2008 (Update):
- Previous examine text "A spiky weapon." is replaced with "This item degrades while worn, and will turn to dust.".
- When a Corrupt dragon mace is in your inventory, the spiky part of the mace is not shown (the left side of the item's icon is cut off). If the mace is noted however, you can see the missing part of the mace.