For other variants of this item, see superior
For other variants of this item, see corrupt
|Release||15 October 2008 (Update)|
|Destroy||You'll have to get the equipment again.|
|Backpack||Wear, Check-Charges, Destroy|
|High alch||180,000 coins|
|Low alch||120,000 coins|
|This item degrades in combat, and will turn to dust.|
|Exchange||203,671,715 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Statius's warhammer is part of Statius's Equipment and is obtained as a very rare drop by killing Revenants in the Forinthry Dungeon or the Chaos Elemental.
The normal version requires level 78 Attack and degrades for 100,000 charges of combat before disintegrating - it cannot be repaired. Additionally, using the weapon's special attack will drain 100 charges, or 0.1% of maximum charge. If a player dies without protecting this weapon and it was degraded, the weapon will instead turn into coins, which are based on the time used with the weapon before losing it, as with all PvP equipment.
A corrupt version also exists, which requires only level 20 Attack and lasts only for 15 minutes of wielding (degrades even while not in combat).
The Statius's warhammer can be upgraded to the superior Statius's warhammer using an ancient warriors' equipment patch. This upgrades it to tier 88, and makes it augmentable.
The Statius's warhammer's special attack, Smash
Statius's warhammer has a special attack, Smash, which requires 35% adrenaline to use and deals 83-208% ability damage and lowers your opponent's Defence level by 30%. It also applies a debuff that increases the target's Affinity values by 5 for one minute.
As such, the special attack is a better but more expensive version of Quake. An Essence of Finality amulet can consume a Statius's warhammer as a one-time cost, which allows unlimited uses of the special via the Essence of Finality ability. Otherwise it should be upgraded into its superior version first for increased accuracy and damage. The superior version can also be augmented.
Using the special will remove 0.1% of the warhammer's maximum charge.
- ^ 1,800 charges per hour.
- ^ 3,600 charges per hour.
- ^ 6,000 charges per hour.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 1 September 2020 (Update):
- Statius's warhammer drops now broadcast to the player's current world in addition to the player's clan and friends.
- patch 23 January 2017 (Update):
- Statius warhammer now drains 5 times less divine charge per special attack, making it last for around 1000 special attacks.
- patch 12 September 2016 (Update):
- Lowered the base hit-chance bonuses from Statius's Warhammer special attack from 10% to 5%.
- patch 14 December 2015 (Update):
- The defence debuff cooldown when using a Statius's warhammer’s special attack has been increased to 1 minute.
- Prior to the Bounty Hunter update, Statius's warhammer's special attack increased the target's affinity by 10 for 5 minutes.
- For a short time after the Bounty Hunter update, Statius's warhammer was in high demand. This was due to its highly effective special attack, which still used the old weapon degrading mechanic. As a result, each special would simply take out 1 charge out of its 100,000 charges, allowing the user to use the special attack for a very long time. This was not intended by Jagex and was quickly changed to its current degradation mechanic.
- Statius's warhammer is the only ancient warriors' item that gets a server-wide announcement.