Brawling gloves are members-only drops from Revenants, the Chaos Elemental, the Wilderness shared loot table, and the rare drop table. They can also be received by participating in Wilderness Flash Events, as well as pickpocketing Elven clan workers and defeating elf warriors in Prifddinas. They were released on 15 October 2008, along with PvP worlds.
When wearing the gloves outside the Wilderness, players receive a 50% boost to experience gained in the corresponding skill for a total of 1.5 times the normal experience. In the Wilderness, the boost scales according to the depth the player is in, from 50% bonus to 300% (totalling 4 times the normal experience). The multiplier from the gloves can be calculated with the formula , where is the Wilderness level. This means that the gloves reach their maximum multiplier of 4 in level 40 Wilderness. Upgrading the Infernal Puzzle Box to tier 4 gives an additional 25% experience boost to all brawling gloves.
As the Mage Arena bank is the only bank in this area, it is recommended that players use their gloves here if a bank is needed. Note that the bank is not actually in the Wilderness, so players will need to return via the lever.
Non-combat gloves disintegrate after a set amount of charges have been used. For example, Smithing brawling gloves are destroyed after 434 items made, with other brawling gloves having different amounts of charges. Combat gloves use charges based on experience gained. The gloves are not affected by Double XP Live events, the Enlightenment aura, or wearing a Demonic skull.
Casting High Level Alchemy on Brawling gloves will give 30,000 coins regardless of remaining charges. Therefore, it is common to do this when the Brawling gloves have 1 charge remaining.
Types and uses[edit | edit source]
There are 13 types of brawling gloves. Note that portable skilling stations and divine locations can be placed in the Wilderness, but skilling dummies cannot. The types of xp they offer, and activities that can make the most of them, are listed below:
Calculator[edit | edit source]
|Calculator:Brawling gloves multiplier/template|
This calculator shows brawling gloves multiplier depending on the player's location in the Wilderness.
template = Calculator:Brawling gloves multiplier/template form = brawlingIN result = brawlingOUT param = wildernesslevel|Wilderness level|40|int|0- param = puzzlebox|Infernal Puzzle Box|false|check|||Additional +25% anywhere with the T4 Infernal Puzzle Box
Please submit the form.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 27 January 2020 (Update):
- Brawling gloves are no longer shown on items saved on the death list when entering the wilderness.
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- patch 26 May 2015 (Update):
- Brawling gloves dropped by elves in Prifddinas will now be fully charged.
- ninja 27 May 2014 (Update):
- Spirit gems, Treasure Hunter keys, brawling gloves and warpriest gear will now all show loot beams when dropped. Spirit gems and treasure hunter keys can be filtered out by setting your loot beam minimum value to over 50,000.
- patch 28 April 2014 (Update):
- Brawling gloves can now be acquired from a variety of monsters via the rare drop table.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The brawling gloves match the base colour of the skillcape of their respective skill. The melee gloves, which have no directly corresponding cape, are orange in a shade that does not match any skillcape.
- There was a bug where brawling gloves obtained by pickpocketing elven workers in Prifddinas on the day of release would degrade to dust as soon as the player used them. The bug was fixed, but gloves obtained during this time retained the limited use.
- On 28 April 2014, brawling gloves were added to the rare drop table.
- On 10 November 2014, the bonus experience effect of brawling gloves was changed to scale with depth in the Wilderness.
- A week later, on 17 November, brawling gloves were updated so that their remaining charges can now be checked using a right-click "Check charges" option.
|Corrupt dragon equipment|
|Ancient Warriors' equipment|
|Corrupt Ancient Warriors' equipment|