Brawling gloves are members-only drops from Revenants, the Chaos Elemental, the Wilderness shared loot table, and the rare drop table. They can also be received by pickpocketing Elven clan workers or defeating elf warriors in Prifddinas. They were released on 15 October 2008, along with PvP worlds.
When wearing the gloves outside the Wilderness, players receive a 50% boost to experience gained in the corresponding skill for a total of 1.5× normal experience. In the Wilderness, the boost scales according to the depth the player is in, from 50% bonus to 300% (totaling 4× normal experience). The 300% bonus starts at level 47 wilderness just south of the fence.
As the Mage Arena bank is the only bank in this area, it is recommended that players use their gloves here if a bank is needed. Note that the bank is not actually in the Wilderness, so players will need to return via the lever.
Non-combat gloves disintegrate after a set amount of charges have been used. For example, smithing brawling gloves are destroyed after 434 items made, with other brawling gloves having different amounts of charges. Combat gloves have a cap on experience rewarded that does not increase at any depth in the Wilderness. The gloves do not work during Double XP weekends, with the Enlightenment aura, or while wearing a Demonic skull.
Types[edit | edit source]
There are 13 types of brawling gloves:
- Brawling gloves (Agility)
- Brawling gloves (Cooking)
- Brawling gloves (Firemaking)
- Brawling gloves (Fishing)
- Brawling gloves (Hunter)
- Brawling gloves (Magic)
- Brawling gloves (Melee)
- Brawling gloves (Mining)
- Brawling gloves (Prayer)
- Brawling gloves (Ranged)
- Brawling gloves (Smithing)
- Brawling gloves (Thieving)
- Brawling gloves (Woodcutting)
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- patch 26 May 2015 (Update):
- Brawling gloves dropped by elves in Prifddinas will now be fully charged.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The gloves match the base colour of the skillcape of their respective skill. The melee gloves, which have no directly corresponding cape, have a similar shade of red to the Attack cape.
- There was a bug where Brawling gloves obtained by pickpocketing elven workers in Prifddinas on the day of release would degrade to dust as soon as the player used them. The bug was fixed, but gloves obtained during this time retained the limited use.
- On 28 April 2014, brawling gloves were added to the rare drop table.
- On 10 November 2014, the bonus experience effect of brawling gloves was changed to scale with depth in the Wilderness.
- A week later, on 17 November, brawling gloves were updated so that their remaining charges can now be checked using a right-click "Check charges" option.
Revenants and their drops
|Corrupt dragon equipment|
|Ancient Warriors' equipment|
|Corrupt Ancient Warriors' equipment|