|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||You will need to buy another one from the rewards trader at Daemonheim. Destroying this item will refund 50% of the token price.|
|Backpack||Wield, Check charges, Destroy|
|A razor-sharp longsword.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Degradation and repair[edit | edit source]
The chaotic longsword has 30,000 charges of combat (a minimum time of 5 hours). Once the charges run out, it will break and become unusable until repaired by the rewards trader at Daemonheim. When first purchased, it will have a 20% charge. Repairs are made incrementally in 1% portions, and the cost of recharging can be paid in two ways: coins, or a combination of coins and Dungeoneering tokens.
|99%||20,000||2,000 and 200|
|90%||200,000||20,000 and 2,000|
|20%||1,600,000||160,000 and 16,000|
|0%||2,000,000||200,000 and 20,000|
All repair costs are reduced by 5% if Daemonheim aura 3 has been earned.
Chaotic weaponry comparisons[edit | edit source]
There are three primary melee chaotics, all of equal tier, accuracy, and price: the chaotic longsword, a slashing main hand; the chaotic rapier, a stabbing main hand; and the chaotic maul, a crushing two-hand. Before one decides which chaotic to buy, they must first choose whether they plan to fight with a shield, or specialise in dual-wielding or two-handed abilities.
Dual-wielding or using a two-handed weapon both give 150% the damage of a sole main hand weapon; therefore the maul, being a two-handed weapon, is 150% the DPS of a sole rapier or longsword. An off-hand rapier or longsword may be purchased to match the maul's DPS, but at an additional 100k tokens for 300k total.
If one does not plan to cater to monsters' weaknesses, they can either pay: 200k tokens for a main hand rapier or longsword, if they plan to use a shield; 200k tokens for the maul, if they want the 2h abilities or don't wish to pay more; or 300k tokens for a main hand and off-hand rapier or longsword. (Of the two ability classes, dual-wielding is generally for upfront damage to a single target, and two-handed for area-of-effect damage.)
If the player decides on dual-wielding or using a shield, they must choose either the rapier or longsword. Both have the same damage and accuracy, but the rapier is a stabbing weapon and the longsword is slashing. There are no bosses and few high-level creatures that are weak to slash, yet frost dragons, tormented demons and the Kalphite King have a stabbing weakness – thus there is little incentive for buying the longsword over the rapier.
Further degrading the longsword as a choice are the chaotic claws. There are both main hand and off-hand slashing claws, which are equal to the longswords in DPS (the claws have less damage but are faster), and cost only 100k tokens per claw. The downside is that, as they are an upgrade to dragon claws, one has to pay 316,916 alongside the tokens. It is worth noting that chaotic claws are made with 100% charge, rather than 20%, so the player saves money on an initial recharge.
To summarize, the monsters the player will fight are most often weak to the rapier (stabbing attacks), and if a slashing weapon specifically is needed, the claws are better weapons and are typically easier to get.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Rewards trader||200,000||Dungeoneering tokens||∞|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||2.3%|
|4 × Shifting components||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 December 2010 (Update):
- A chaotic longsword and fire cape are no longer joined when worn together.
- update 21 April 2010 (Update):
- Dungeoneering reward items have had their costs reduced to a more suitable amount. Anyone who has already bought any of these items will find they have been refunded the difference in reward tokens.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before an update on 21 April 2010, the chaotic longsword cost 400,000 tokens.
- Chaotic longswords, along with all other chaotic weapons/shields, will stack in the bank as long as they are on the same charge. For example, two chaotic longswords with 35% charge and 67% charge will not stack, but two chaotic longswords with 67% will.
- Until an update on the 17 July 2012, along with the Solomon's General Store and the 10 year veteran cape, the chaotic longsword was held across the player's body.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat update, the chaotic longsword had a Strength bonus of +120, making it one of the most powerful one-handed weapons in the game. When combined with a dragon defender or dragonfire shield, it would achieve a Strength bonus of +126 or +127, respectively. Thus, it was often referred to as the "one-handed godsword."
Main hand slash weapons
|Dyed drygore longswords|
|Dyed Dark Shard of Lengs|
|Other Ranged equipment|
|Other Magic equipment|