The dragon full helm is a members-only item and part of the dragon plate armour set (lg) and dragon plate armour set (sk). To wear a dragon full helm, the player must have at least 60 Defence.
There are various ways to obtain a dragon full helm besides trading or the Grand Exchange:
A dragon full helm can be cosmetically enhanced with a dragon full helm ornament kit (or) to make a gold-trimmed dragon full helm (or), with a dragon full helm ornament kit (sp) to make a spiky dragon full helm (sp), or with a dragonbone upgrade kit to make a dragonbone full helm.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 6 September 2011 (Update):
- Dragon full helm drops are now tracked in the Adventurer's Log.
- Before the release of the dragon full helm, many players thought that the full helm would never be made, since players had been requesting it in the official forums for such a long time, and often these kinds of requests would result in items such as the spinning plate (dragon platebody) and the toy kite (dragon kiteshield).
- Shortly after the release of PvP worlds, many players believed that dragon full helms were a drop from other players. Initially, a Jagex moderator denied this, however another Jagex moderator later confirmed that dragon full helms were indeed dropped on PvP worlds. On 16 June, 2009, the full helm was removed from the PvP drop table.
- When the dragon full helm first came out, its stats beat the Third-age full helmet's original stats in each section. Jagex then updated the Third age full helmet, which made it slightly stronger than the dragon full helm.
- Many players thought the helm would fall in price a while after its release, but the dragon full helm, being a very rare drop from mithril dragons, showed no significant signs of a price drop until the release of PvP worlds. Then, as a result of many dragon full helms coming into the game from PvP worlds, the price dropped significantly, from over 50m in September 2008 to under 10m by May 2009. Then, on the 16th June, 2009, dragon full helms were removed from the PvP world drop tables.
- Unlike the dragon helm, this cannot be enchanted to hold summoning scrolls.
- When receiving this as a drop from a Mithril dragon, it will appear on a player's adventurer's log.
- When receiving this after constructing a pyre ship, a message appears on a player's adventurer's log, "While laying barbarian spirits to rest, I was given a dragon full helm."
- In the early stages of the Evolution of Combat, Mithril dragons were commonly botted because of the way the ability system worked. When Jagex fixed this, all the bots then burned up the chewed bones resulting in many dragon full helms entering the game. This caused their price to drop from around 40m to 4m over the course of several weeks.