Dragon platelegs are a piece of dragon armour that require 60 Defence to be worn. It is dropped by bronze, iron, steel, adamant, rune and elite rune dragons, though it is mostly a rare drop. They can also be found in the Motherlode Maw. They have the same bonuses as the dragon plateskirt.
Dragon platelegs are commonly worn in conjunction with other types of body armour such as a Rune platebody and Granite body by players who can't afford dragon chainbodies or dragon platebodies. Players also commonly wear it paired with a Fighter torso for its damage bonus and/or its looks.
A pair of dragon platelegs can be combined with a dragon platelegs/skirt ornament kit (or) to make a gold-trimmed dragon platelegs (or), with a dragon platelegs/skirt ornament kit (sp) to make a spiky dragon platelegs (sp), or with a dragonbone upgrade kit to make a dragonbone platelegs. None of these cosmetic enhancements change the stats in any way.
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 22 January 2018 (Update):
- Players will no longer incorrectly receive a message saying that they have received a dragon plateleg/skirt from a bronze dragon.
- patch 8 February 2010 (Update):
- Fixed a problem with the dragon platelegs when holding the orb of oculus.
- After the updates of 25 March, 2009, the appearance of equipped dragon platelegs slightly changed with the addition of spikes to the knees.
- Upon getting Dragon platelegs, in the Adventurer's Log, it will say "After I killed a [Bronze/Iron/Steel dragon], it dropped dragon platelegs."
- Dragon platelegs have experienced a dramatic drop in price from around 1,000,000 coins to under 160,000. This could be due to a number of reasons, such as rising supply, less demand, or more use of other popular types of leg armour such as Bandos tassets, Barrows, etc.
- In My Arm's Big Adventure a captured Adventurer has his Dragon platelegs kicked across the Troll kitchen by the Troll Cook Burntmeat. Burntmeat discovers Goutweed inside the platelegs and interrogates the Adventurer about it before boiling him into a stew.