The dragon hatchet is tied with the Inferno adze for the second best hatchet available, only surpassed by the crystal hatchet. It is a members-only tool. It is both a weapon (requiring 60 Attack to wield) and a Woodcutting tool (requiring 61 Woodcutting to use). It is a rare drop from the Dagannoth Kings: Dagannoth Rex, Dagannoth Prime, and Dagannoth Supreme, all of whom inhabit Waterbirth Island. They are also a possible reward from the Crystal triskelion and the Motherlode Maw, although it is quite rare to receive one.
The Dragon hatchet is approximately 5-10% more efficient at getting logs than the Rune hatchet.
The hatchet can be stored on the tool belt, but this requires confirmation before doing so, as it cannot be removed once added. There are a few exceptions: it can be traded from the tool belt with 4,000 harmonic dust to Lady Ithell for a crystal hatchet, and Doc can remove it from the tool belt if the player has level 22 Invention and wishes to augment the hatchet. He will only perform this service once.
When received with CoinShare active, the Dragon hatchet will be dropped as 120 Dragon hatchet shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
This is an auto-generated list (update now
), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here
The dragon hatchet's special attack, Clobber
The dragon hatchet has a special attack called Clobber, which requires 30% adrenaline. The attack hits for 50-150% ability damage. Upon successful hit, the special attack applies a debuff that raises the affinity of the target by 3 and decreases the target's Magic damage dealt by 10% for one minute. The special attack also lowers the Defence and Magic level by 5% rounded down on targets with level 20 or more Defence/Magic. The crystal hatchet shares this special attack.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c d e There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 28 November 2022 (Update):
- Dragon weapons had their special attacks re-balanced.
- Moved the effect to apply on-hit rather than on-cast.
- Adrenaline cost has been reduced to 30.
- patch 10 May 2021 (Update):
- Crystal and Dragon Axe special attacks now deal the expected amount of damage.
- patch 12 September 2016 (Update):
- Lowered the base hit-chance bonuses from the Dragon hatchet special attack, from 5% to 3%.
- patch 22 February 2010 (Update):
- You can no longer wield any weapon while cutting ivy with a dragon hatchet.
- patch 1 April 2009 (Update):
- Renamed from "Dragon axe" to "Dragon hatchet"
- patch 17 March 2009 (Update):
- The dragon axe animations have been updated.
- patch 22 August 2006 (Update):
- Until today, the dragon axe was only as good at cutting trees as a rune axe. We've now made it slightly better! However, we have raised the woodcutting level requirement for chopping trees with this axe to 61.
- There is currently a glitch where when cutting an evil tree while the dragon hatchet is sheathed, your character will still have the hatchet sheathed on their back as well be wielding one to cut the tree.
- Upon its release the dragon hatchet only needed a Woodcutting level of 41 (same as a rune hatchet) and could only cut logs at the same rate as a rune hatchet. It was simply considered a more expensive, red-coloured rune hatchet with better combat stats (which Jagex actually confirmed in the knowledge base earlier). On 22 August 2006, its log cutting ability was increased to be about 5-10% faster than a rune hatchet, and its Woodcutting level requirement was increased to 61.