The dragon hatchet is tied with the Inferno adze for the second best hatchet available, only surpassed by the crystal hatchet. It is a members-only tool. It is both a weapon (requiring 60 Attack to wield) and a Woodcutting tool (requiring 61 Woodcutting to use). It is a rare drop from the Dagannoth Kings: Dagannoth Rex, Dagannoth Prime, and Dagannoth Supreme, all of whom inhabit Waterbirth Island. They are also a possible reward from the Crystal triskelion and the Motherlode Maw, although it is quite rare to receive one.
The Dragon hatchet is approximately 5-10% more efficient at getting logs than the Rune hatchet.
The hatchet can be stored on the tool belt but requires confirmation before doing so as it cannot be removed once added, with a few exceptions: it can be traded from the tool belt with 4,000 harmonic dust to Lady Ithell for a crystal hatchet, and can be removed from the tool belt by Doc for players who have level 22 Invention and wish to augment the hatchet. He will only perform this service once.
When received with CoinShare active, the Dragon hatchet will be dropped as 120 Dragon hatchet shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
The dragon hatchet's special attack, Clobber
The dragon hatchet has a special attack, Clobber, which requires 100% adrenaline. The attack hits for up to a maximum of 70% ability damage, with its lowest possible hit being 1 damage. The special attack applies a debuff (even if it misses) that raises the affinity of the target by 3 for one minute, while lowering their defence and magic level by 10%.
This has a level requirement of Invention 99, and extreme invention potions are highly recommended.
The recommended perks for an augmented crystal hatchet are given as follows.
||Has a 12% higher chance of successfully gathering items.
||Furnace 4 + Fortune 3
||Has a 20% chance of consuming a gathered resource for an extra 100% XP. |
Has a 1.5% chance to double and bank what you have gathered or produced.
The recommended perks for an off-hand item such as the Augmented enhanced Excalibur, that is to be worn along with a hatchet while training woodcutting, are given as follows.
||Wise 4 + Mobile
||Provides +4% additional experience, up to 50,000 XP per day. |
Halves the cooldowns of Surge, Escape, Barge, and Bladed Dive at the cost of no adrenaline gain.
To use an augmented hatchet’s perks the player must have charges in their charge pack. Use of an augmented crystal hatchet costs at most 0.31 divine charges from the player’s charge pack per second and use of an augmented dragon hatchet costs at most 0.21 divine charges per second. This cost can be reduced by researching charge drain improvements or by adding the efficient perk (or enhanced efficient) to the item.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 12 September 2016 (Update):
- Lowered the base hit-chance bonuses from the Dragon hatchet special attack, from 5% to 3%.
- patch 22 February 2010 (Update):
- You can no longer wield any weapon while cutting ivy with a dragon hatchet.
- patch 1 April 2009 (Update):
- Renamed from "Dragon axe" to "Dragon hatchet"
- patch 17 March 2009 (Update):
- The dragon axe animations have been updated.
- There is currently a glitch where when cutting an evil tree while the dragon hatchet is sheathed, your character will still have the hatchet sheathed on their back as well be wielding one to cut the tree.
- Upon its release the dragon hatchet only needed a Woodcutting level of 41 (same as a rune hatchet) and could only cut logs at the same rate as a rune hatchet. It was simply considered a more expensive, red-coloured rune hatchet with better combat stats (which Jagex actually confirmed in the knowledge base earlier). On 22 August 2006, its log cutting ability was increased to be about 5-10% faster than a rune hatchet, and its Woodcutting level requirement was increased to 61.