For other variants of this item, see corrupt
The dragon mace is the third strongest mace stat-wise available after Verac's flail and the drygore mace. It can only be wielded by members who have at least 60 Attack and who have completed the Heroes' Quest; the mace and its off-hand counterpart can be purchased for 50,000 coins at the Happy Heroes' H'emporium in the Heroes' Guild, from other players or the Grand Exchange, as a drop from a glacor after completing Ritual of the Mahjarrat, and also as a drop from muspahs after completing Fate of the Gods.
This weapon may be considered slightly superior to the dragon scimitar for PvP scenarios, since it is less expensive than the scimitar, hits just as fast and hard, has a more damaging and less expensive special attack, and offers a prayer bonus which the scimitar lacks. In addition, many players consider Heroes' Quest to be significantly easier than Monkey Madness, although the former does have more requirements.
The dragon mace's special attack, Shatter
The dragon mace has a special attack called Shatter, which deals between 120% and 300% ability damage with a 25% increase in accuracy. It uses 25% adrenaline and has no cooldown, effectively making it possible to use this four times in a row. However, this special attack does incur the global ability cooldown, unlike the Granite Maul.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 22 January 2018 (Update):
- The 34 Defence requirement has been removed from both main-hand and off-hand dragon maces and battleaxes, and from modifying house teleport tabs.
- patch 12 December 2016 (Update):
- The dragon mace's special attack now increases the special attacks accuracy by 25%.
- The dragon mace's special attack now correctly deals between 100-300% damage.
- patch 14 December 2015 (Update):
- The dragon longsword, dragon mace and Vesta's longsword’s special attack has been buffed slightly.
- After the High Detail update, the dragon mace's head became smaller. However, the special attack still looked like it had an old dragon mace head, and now looked like if there was empty space between the edge of the special attack's "aura" and the actual head of the dragon mace.
- Prior to an update on 12 December 2016, the dragon mace's special attack had slightly reduced accuracy.