This article is about the tier-60 degradable equipment available to free-to-play players. For the pay-to-play, non-degradeable version, see Dragon equipment
A player wearing corrupt dragon equipment
Corrupt dragon equipment is a set of armour and weapons that shares the same stat bonuses as the corresponding pieces of regular dragon equipment. The items are nearly identical to their regular counterparts, except for two key points: they are also available to free-to-play players, and pieces of this equipment degrade to dust after being worn for 30 minutes.
Corrupt dragon equipment is popular among high-levelled F2P players, and is rarely used by members, due to regular dragon and orikalkum equipment being cheaper and longer-lasting options. Corrupt dragon is the only kind of dragon equipment that free players have access to, which means that corrupt dragon serves as a sort of "demo" of the dragon equipment available to members.
Compared to rune equipment, the corrupt dragon armour has considerably higher armour rating, the helm, chainbody, platelegs, and plateskirt have melee style bonuses that their rune counterparts lack entirely, and the weapons have higher accuracy and damage output. However, corrupt dragon equipment is limited in the form of five weapons and armours, and the single-handed weapons lack an off-handed variant.
Corrupt dragon equipment are dropped by revenants, though they may be traded between players or the Grand Exchange as long as it has not been degraded.
Keeping track of the amount of time these equipment are worn can save some of the money used, by casting High Level Alchemy as they are about to disappear. This is more effective for parts such as the chainbody or leg pieces.
Corrupt dragon equipment was released to both members and non-members with the release of PvP worlds on 15 October 2008. At that time, player killing did not result in killers being able to get their victims' items. Instead, other items were dropped, including corrupt dragon equipment on occasion.
With the release of the player killing Wilderness in February 2011, killers could once again get their victims' items. At this time, corrupt dragon equipment became an occasional drop of revenants in the newly released Forinthry Dungeon.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 31 January 2012 (Update):
- Corrupt dragon armour is no longer listed as members only on the skill advance guide.
- update 20 November 2012 (Update):
- Graphical improvements to corrupt dragon weapons, previously only available in the Evolution of Combat Beta, are now live in the game.
- update 6 March 2012 (Update):
- Corrupt dragon armour is graphically updated.
- 11 November 2008 (Update):
- Previous examine texts of Corrupt dragon equipment are replaced with "This item degrades while worn, and will turn to dust.".
- Before the graphical update to corrupt dragon armour, corrupt dragon equipment looked like the regular version, although some of the equipment was greatly blackened (e.g. corrupt dragon dagger, where it had a completely dark look on it, while the regular had a black handle and red blade).
- Before the Evolution of Combat, the battleaxe and the scimitar were the best weapons to use for F2P PKing due to their combat stats.