For other variants of this item, see superior
For other variants of this item, see corrupt
|Release||15 October 2008 (Update)|
|Destroy||You'll have to get the equipment again.|
|Backpack||Wear, Check-Charges, Destroy|
|High alch||180,000 coins|
|Low alch||120,000 coins|
|This item degrades in combat, and will turn to dust.|
|Exchange||2,221,412 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Vesta's spear is part of Vesta's Equipment, and is obtained by killing revenants in the Forinthry Dungeon, or killing the Chaos Elemental.
The normal version requires 78 Attack and degrades for 100,000 charges of combat before disintegrating - it cannot be repaired. Additionally, using the weapon's special attack will drain 100 charges, or 0.1% of maximum charge. If a player is made to lose a degrading Vesta's spear in the Wilderness or inside the dangerous portal at clan wars, 780,000 coins will be dropped in its place.
A corrupt version also exists, which requires only 20 Attack and lasts only for 15 minutes of wielding (degrades even while not in combat).
The Vesta's spear can be upgraded to the superior Vesta's spear using an ancient warriors' equipment patch. This upgrades it to tier 88, and makes it augmentable.
The Vesta's spear's special attack, Spear Wall
Vesta's spear has a special attack, Spear Wall, which requires 50% adrenaline. The wielder swings the spear, damaging enemies in a 3x3 grid and reflecting 50% of damage taken for 5 seconds.
Using the special attack will take out 0.1% of the weapon's charges.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Some errors in calculating damage values have been fixed with two-handed weapons.
- The special attack Spear Wall resembles the Hurricane and Reflect abilities.
- On the release of the Evolution of Combat, Vesta's spear had Fast speed with the weapon damage of an Average speed weapon. This meant that the spear was much more powerful than its level suggested, with its damage (ignoring accuracy) more comparable to a tier 95 weapon. The speed was changed to Average about 5 months later.