For this item's upgraded variants, see +1
A rune scimitar is a tier 50 melee main-hand weapon. It requires level 50 Attack to wield.
It can be made at a forge and anvil using 2 rune bars, requiring 1,200 progress to complete, granting a total of 480 Smithing experience. It can be upgraded to a rune scimitar + 1 with another 2 bars.
|480 XP||-||Varies [recipe 1]||19,307|
| Smithing level||50|
| Must be performed at an anvil|
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 3 February 2020 (Update):
- Adjusted disassembly to give 4 materials per bar used in creating the item from scratch
- patch 12 April 2011 (Update):
- This scimitar's animation has been updated to use the same animation as the dragon scimitar.
- patch 17 January 2011 (Update):
- Players wielding this item will no longer see it through the Wilderness Wall.
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- Corrected the rune scimitar icon used in random events.
- 17 September 2009 (Update):
- Animations and model of rune scimitar have been updated.
- update 28 July 2009 (Update):
- Appearance and attack animations of the rune scimitar are updated.
- patch 29 September 2008 (Update):
- The range of items that one can lend to other players has been expanded. These include a small amount of newer Treasure Trail items as well as some old ones, dragon spears and most rune and granite armour and weapons.
- On 23 July 2009, five days before the scheduled update, the Rune scimitar image in the Grand Exchange database was replaced by the new model. Players found the image and posted about it in the RuneScape Forums, making it widely known before Jagex removed the image a few hours later. Five days later, the image was once again put up along with the official release.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, it was one of the most common, if not the most common, weapons in the F2P game due to its high damage per second. After EoC, however, many free players began switching to either the rune 2h sword (the only f2p 2h rune weapon; same DPS as dual wielding other rune weapons, and is one item so more suitable for skulled situations) or the rune mace (due to its +4 Prayer bonus, cheaper cost, and identical stats and attack speed to the scimitar). The lack of monsters with a slash weakness in the non-members game is also contributing to its sudden drop in popularity. Nevertheless, due to the reputation it has gained before the EoC, it is still a fairly common sight among free players.