|Release||25 February 2004 (Update)|
|High alch||18,000 coins|
|Low alch||12,000 coins|
|A powerful dagger.|
|Exchange||17,269 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The dragon dagger is a dagger that can be wielded by members who have at least level 60 Attack and have done the Lost City quest, which is also needed to wield the dragon longsword. The stranger from Desert Treasure uses the dragon dagger because "it sings the song of death."
The dragon dagger can be purchased at Jukat's Dragon Sword Shop in the Zanaris marketplace or from Rasolo the Wandering Merchant near the Baxtorian Falls for 30,000 coins. Urbi also sells them in her shop, although they will never have any in stock unless a player sells some to her first. Dragon daggers may also be purchased at the Grand Exchange in Varrock, Prifddinas or Menaphos.
Players with a level 65 Hunter can hunt magpie implings and potentially receive one as loot. The dragon dagger is also a drop from ivory statues, a reward from an elite clue scroll or the rare drop table.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Special attack[edit | edit source]
The dragon dagger has a special attack called Puncture. It uses 25% adrenaline to deal two quick attacks that deal 40-160% ability damage each, or 80-320% total, with increased accuracy. The off-hand dragon dagger does not have this special attack.
It is important to note that the dragon dagger special may hit higher, depending on the off-hand weapon that you are using.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Dragon impling jar||N/A||3 (noted)||Uncommon||N/A|
|Dragon impling||83||3 (noted)||Uncommon||N/A|
|Ivory Bre'egth (cursed)||82||1||Rare|
|Ivory Gromblod (cursed)||82||1||Rare|
|Ivory Shredflesh (cursed)||82||1||Uncommon|
|Magpie impling jar||N/A||1||Rare||N/A|
|Ninja impling jar||N/A||1||Uncommon||N/A|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Blades by Urbi||Sophanem||30,000||Coins||0|
|Jukat's Dragon Sword Shop||Zanaris||30,000||Coins||4|
|Rasolo the Wandering Merchant||South of Baxtorian Falls||30,000||Coins||30|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||34.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 3 July 2017 (Update):
- Multi-hit special attacks, such as the dragon dagger, dragon claws and Armadyl battlestaff special attacks, once again hit the correct number of times.
- patch 16 March 2015 (Update):
- Resolved an issue in which borrowed dragon daggers would only deal one hit - rather than two - when using the Puncture special attack.
- patch 4 December 2012 (Update):
- An NPC in the Desert Treasure quest has been altered so he is no longer wielding an old dragon dagger p++.
- patch 28 October 2008 (Update):
- Dragon dagger p++ should now be easier to find on the Grand Exchange.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, the dragon dagger was held with a reverse grip with the blade pointing down.
- Players with poisoned variants of the dragon dagger in their bank had them replaced with notes of the unpoisoned dagger following the Evolution of Combat update. It is one of the few known cases where noted items could be found in the bank.
Main hand stab weapons
|Dyed drygore rapiers|
|Dyed khopesh of Tumeken|