The chaotic crossbow is a ranged weapon released with the Dungeoneering skill on 12 April 2010. Priced at 200,000 Dungeoneering tokens and requiring 80 Ranged and Dungeoneering to wield, it can fire all bolts except bolt racks. It has an off-hand counterpart, and when used with it, it offers damage equal to the royal crossbow and the attuned crystal chakram with its off-hand counterpart.
Dying with a chaotic crossbow in the Wilderness results in the crossbow being converted into 40,000 coins, which are dropped.
The chaotic crossbow has 30,000 charges of combat (a minimum time of 5 hours). Once the charges run out, it will break and become unusable until repaired by the rewards trader at Daemonheim. When first purchased, it will have a 20% charge. Repairs are made incrementally in 1% portions, and the cost of recharging can be paid in two ways: coins, or a combination of coins and Dungeoneering tokens.
||2,000 and 200
||20,000 and 2,000
||160,000 and 16,000
||200,000 and 20,000
All repair costs are reduced by 5% if Daemonheim aura 3 has been earned.
Comparison with other Ranged weapons[edit | edit source]
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 21 April 2010 (Update):
- Dungeoneering reward items have had their costs reduced to a more suitable amount. Anyone who has already bought any of these items will find they have been refunded the difference in reward tokens.
- The chaotic crossbow used to cost 400,000 Dungeoneering tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.
- Chaotic crossbows, along with all other chaotic weapons/shields, will stack in the bank as long as they are on the same charge. For example, two chaotic crossbows with 24% charge and 11% charge will not stack, but two chaotic crossbows with 24% will.
- The examine says 'A small crossbow, only effective at short distance', but it's larger than a regular crossbow, and hits accurately regardless of distance.