For other variants of this item, see lucky
A chaotic kiteshield is a tier 80 melee shield. It requires level 80 Defence and 80 Dungeoneering to wield.
It can be purchased as a reward from the Dungeoneering skill for 200,000 Dungeoneering tokens.
The chaotic kiteshield has 30,000 charges of combat (a minimum time of 5 hours). Once the charges run out, it will break and become unusable until repaired by the rewards trader at Daemonheim. When first purchased, it will have a 20% charge. Repairs are made incrementally in 1% portions, and the cost of recharging can be paid in two ways: coins, or a combination of coins and Dungeoneering tokens.
||2,000 and 200
||20,000 and 2,000
||160,000 and 16,000
||200,000 and 20,000
All repair costs are reduced by 5% if Daemonheim aura 3 has been earned.
|Method||Rewards trader||Rewards trader||Rewards trader (Daemonheim aura 3)||Rewards trader (Daemonheim aura 3)|
|Item(s) consumed||2,000,000 × Coins||200,000 × Coins|
20,000 × Dungeoneering token[uc 1]
|1,900,000 × Coins||190,000 × Coins|
19,000 × Dungeoneering token[uc 1]
|Total GE Price||2,000,000||200,000||1,900,000||190,000|
|Average rate[uc 2]||120,000||12,000||114,000||11,400|
|High rate[uc 3]||240,000||24,000||228,000||22,800|
|Maximum rate[uc 4]||400,000||40,000||380,000||38,000|
- ^ a b Item is not tradeable on the Grand Exchange.
- ^ 1,800 charges per hour.
- ^ 3,600 charges per hour.
- ^ 6,000 charges per hour.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Armours no longer degrades from players taking damage from the desert heat or bugs in dark areas.
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- Uncharged Dungeoneering reward shields no longer cause a maging player to run next to their enemy.
- patch 7 September 2010 (Update):
- Chaotic and eagle-eye shield images were swapped in the skill guide.
- update 21 April 2010 (Update):
- Dungeoneering reward items have had their costs reduced to a more suitable amount. Anyone who has already bought any of these items will find they have been refunded the difference in reward tokens.
- On the day of its release, the chaotic kiteshield's stats were very similar to those of the dragonfire shield, including an offensive damage bonus. A few hours later, it was adjusted to be superior to the dragonfire shield.
- Prior to an update on 21 April 2010, the chaotic kiteshield cost 400,000 Dungeoneering tokens.
- Along with the eagle-eye kiteshield and farseer kiteshield, the chaotic kiteshield was the first item in the game to feature damage soaking. It was originally believed to soak 10% of melee damage and 20% of ranged damage, as stated in the Knowledge Base, but Mod Ash confirmed on 11 September 2010 that the shield actually soaked 7% of melee damage and 14% of ranged damage. This effect was removed with the Evolution of Combat.