For other variants of this item, see lucky
The chaotic kiteshield is a melee shield which requires level 80 Defence and Dungeoneering, and may be obtained from the rewards trader at Daemonheim for 200,000 Dungeoneering tokens. It is the melee companion to the eagle-eye kiteshield and farseer kiteshield. The chaotic kiteshield is currently the second strongest melee shield outside of Daemonheim, succeeded only by the malevolent kiteshield.
The chaotic kiteshield has 30,000 charges of combat (a minimum time of 5 hours). Once the charges run out, it will break and become unusable until repaired by the rewards trader at Daemonheim. When first purchased, it will have a 20% charge. Repairs are made incrementally in 1% portions, and the cost of recharging can be paid in two ways: coins, or a combination of coins and Dungeoneering tokens.
||2,000 and 200
||20,000 and 2,000
||160,000 and 16,000
||200,000 and 20,000
All repair costs are reduced by 5% if Daemonheim aura 3 has been earned.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
|Marmaros||Daemonheim||200,000|| Dungeoneering tokens||∞|
|Wythien||Prifddinas||200,000|| Dungeoneering tokens||∞|
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- update 21 April 2010 (Update):
- Dungeoneering reward items have had their costs reduced to a more suitable amount. Anyone who has already bought any of these items will find they have been refunded the difference in reward tokens.
- On the day of its release, the chaotic kiteshield's stats were very similar to those of the dragonfire shield, including an offensive damage bonus. A few hours later, it was adjusted to be superior to the dragonfire shield.
- Prior to an update on 21 April 2010, the chaotic kiteshield cost 400,000 Dungeoneering tokens.
- Along with the eagle-eye kiteshield and farseer kiteshield, the chaotic kiteshield was the first item in the game to feature damage soaking. It was originally believed to soak 10% of melee damage and 20% of ranged damage, as stated in the Knowledge Base, but Mod Ash confirmed on 11 September 2010 that the shield actually soaked 7% of melee damage and 14% of ranged damage. This effect was removed with the Evolution of Combat.