Scroll of life
|Scroll of life|
|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Destroy||If you destroy this item you will need to purchase another.|
|Secrets of nature lie within.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The scroll of life requires a Farming level of 25 and a Dungeoneering level of 25 to use. The scroll can be read to unlock the passive ability to occasionally receive seeds back while harvesting or digging up plants. There is a 5% chance of receiving a seed from a tree—including when players pay a farmer to remove it, and a 10% chance from most other non-flower patch. Exceptions include spirit trees and calquat trees. Seeds returned from dead herb patches will be random, but seeds returned from a live herb patch will be the same type as the herb being harvested. The amount of seeds returned can be up to equal the amount of seeds used for the patch (an Allotment patch would recover up to 3 seeds).
Upon receiving a seed back after having a farmer dig up the tree, players will receive the message: "As the farmer chops the tree down, you spot a seed in the leftovers." Paying farmers to look after crops does not affect the chances of receiving seeds.
When read, the player will be given the message:
Although it is a members-only item, the scroll of life still benefits farming when the player is free to play.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Rewards trader||10,000||Dungeoneering tokens||1|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 March 2015 (Update):
- Messages after recovering/saving seeds using the Scroll of Life reward now use correct capitalisation.
- ninja 23 June 2014 (Update):
- The scroll of life effect is no longer filtered and will display in a more noticeable colour.
- Players will now receive a message when recovering a seed from a dead patch from the Scroll of Life effect.
- hotfix 20 May 2013 (Update):
- The Dungeoneering Scroll of Life reward now gives 3 Flytrap and Sunchoke seeds back instead of 1.
- patch 11 April 2012 (Update):
- A feedback message is now given when the Scroll of Life effect saves a seed.
- patch 9 June 2010 (Update):
- This reward will now work when chopping down trees grown in your Farming patches.
- patch 28 April 2010 (Update):
- The description of this reward incorrectly did not include healthy harvesting.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Players cannot purchase another scroll of life after having read one and unlocked the ability, and will not have any tokens deducted for an attempted second purchase. However, multiple scrolls may be bought as long as the ability hasn't been unlocked.
|Other Ranged equipment|
|Other Magic equipment|