The ring of vigour is an item that can be purchased for 50,000 Dungeoneering tokens from the rewards trader in Daemonheim. It requires Attack and Dungeoneering levels of 62 to use. When the ring of vigour is worn:
- After an ultimate ability is used, 10% adrenaline will be retained. However, the appropriate amount of adrenaline needed to cast a given ultimate ability is still required.
- When the Weapon Special attack ability is used, it only requires 90% of the original adrenaline cost. Additionally, the amount of adrenaline needed to activate the special attack is reduced by 10%. For example, a special attack that normally requires 50% adrenaline to activate, which then drains that 50% adrenaline, would only require 45% adrenaline to activate with the ring equipped. This also applies to special attacks used via the Essence of Finality.
The effects of the ring of vigour can be unlocked as a permanent passive effect after the Extinction quest. In order to do this, the player must talk to Vicendithas inside the Effigy Incubator, after having visited the Dream of Iaia after the quest. Vicendithas gives the player a warped gem that can be combined with the ring of vigour. This consumes both the ring and the gem, unlocking the effect permanently.
Interaction with other adrenaline saving mechanics[edit | edit source]
The adrenaline saving from ring of vigour stacks additively with:
It is possible to have all three effects active. This means 22.5-30% adrenaline would be retained after using an ultimate ability. (2.5%-10% from the aura, 10% from the ring and 10% from the relic power.)
Wearing the ring of vigour does not save any adrenaline when the ring's effect is already unlocked as a permanent passive effect.
Comparison with other rings[edit | edit source]
The Ring of vigour can be combined with Warped gem to receive the effects as a passive when not worn.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 25 April 2022 (Update):
- The Ring of Vigour can be now turned into a permanent passive effect.
- ninja 13 July 2015 (Update):
- The ring of vigour's offensive stats have been restored.
- ninja 13 October 2014 (Update):
- patch 1 March 2011 (Update):
- The ring of vigour has been updated to allow the granite maul special attack when low on special attack energy.
- When first released, the Game Guide stated that the ring of vigour cost 32,000 tokens and that it only worked with melee attacks. However, this was an error.
- This item was sometimes used by rushers in the Wilderness with dragon claws and/or Korasi's sword. This allowed a rusher to get either 3 series of very quick attacks or 2 magical attacks that were very likely to get a kill if the target was not using protection prayers or paying attention. This is no longer possible after the release of the Evolution of Combat.
- The ring was made impossible to alchemise in a hidden update.