The brawler's blood necklace is a melee necklace, created by combining a brawler's knockout necklace with a blood necklace shard. This requires 80 Crafting, awards 200 experience, can be assisted, and cannot be reversed. When created, it is fully charged.
The necklace has a passive effect that activates every 15 seconds and damages monsters in combat with the wearer for 200 to 500 life points, while healing the wearer for the same amount. The necklace will target the monster that last damaged the wearer or the monster the wearer last damaged (whichever was most recent), and any other nearby monsters (even if they aren't in combat with the wearer). The maximum the necklace can heal per activate is 1,200 life points. If the necklace was intended to do more damage than its target had left (e.g. the target had 240 life points, and the necklace rolled to hit a 500), then the necklace will still heal the full amount to its wearer.
The passive effect does not work against most boss monsters, specifically ones that are immune to reflect damage (i.e. Deflect curses, etc). The exceptions to this (i.e. the passive effect will work) are:
The necklace degrades in combat, and lasts for 60,000 charges before it becomes empty. Even after the necklace runs out of charge, it retains its combat bonuses and may be equipped and used, but without the healing effect. A full recharge costs:
- 3000 blood runes (effective cost 1,587,000 coins)
- If recharged in Drakan's crypt south of Burgh de Rott, this is reduced to 2400 blood runes (effective cost 1,269,600 coins)
- 1,000,000 coins at a Repair NPC
- 1,000,000 coins with a 0.5% discount per Smithing level of the repairer at an armour stand
- The Smithing level at which the cost is equal is -117.4; thus, using blood runes is never cheaper.
- Within Drakan's crypt, the crossover level increases to -53.9.
Unlike most other items repairable on an armour stand, the repair of blood necklaces is rounded up to the nearest 1% of the charge (e.g. repairing a necklace with 52.5% charge remaining will charge for a 48% repair).
Comparison with other neckwear[edit | edit source]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 13 July 2015 (Update):
- The blood necklace's healing effect's top-end damage has been reduced.
- patch 13 July 2015 (Update):
- Blood necklaces will no longer interrupt single-way PvP.
- patch 5 May 2015 (Update):
- Hardmode Commander Zilyana can no longer be killed from the blood necklace effect.
- patch 13 April 2015 (Update):
- Blood necklaces will no longer interrupt single way PvP.
- patch 19 January 2015 (Update):
- Players can no longer attempt to repair a blood necklace at 100% durability.