Gem bag (upgraded)
|Gem bag (upgraded)|
|Release||17 May 2014 (Update)|
|Destroy||You'll have to buy another gem bag from Daemonheim if you destroy this one.|
|Backpack||Fill, Withdraw, Inspect, Empty, Destroy|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A bag that can hold plenty of uncut gems.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The upgraded gem bag can be purchased for 20,000 Dungeoneering tokens from the Rewards Trader if the player has an ordinary gem bag in their inventory as well as level 45 Crafting and level 40 Dungeoneering. It can hold up to 60 of each type of uncut gem (and only in their uncut state). The upgraded gem bag can hold the following gem types:
Using a gem on the bag stores it inside. The bag can also be filled in a single action by left-clicking it in the inventory, producing the message: "You add the gem[s] to your bag." Using the 'inspect' option produces the message: "Your gem bag has # sapphires, # emeralds, # rubies, # diamonds and # dragonstones."
The upgraded gem bag cannot be destroyed while there are gems in it.
Uses[edit | edit source]
While the ordinary gem bag holds 100 gems total and doesn't include dragonstone, the gem bag (upgraded) holds 60 each of the five types, including dragonstone, for a total capacity of 300 gems. However, no more than 60 of one of the types can be held at once, unlike the standard bag. For example, if a player has 70 sapphires, they would only be able to store 60 of them in the upgraded bag, while the standard bag would take all of them.
The upgraded version is available to members only, which means members will no longer be able to use or retrieve gems from it after their subscription ends. Gem bags can also only be upgraded when empty.
If the player has more gems than the bag can hold, excess gems can be brought to a higher level by transmuting.
Products[edit | edit source]
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Rewards trader||20,000||Dungeoneering tokens||∞|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 26 March 2018 (Update):
- ninja 4 April 2016 (Update):
- The Gem bag and Gem bag upgrade now have an Empty option usable from the inventory in the Bank interface, which deposits all stored gems directly to the bank.
- ninja 23 June 2014 (Update):
- The upgraded gem bag can be emptied from the inventory whilst the bank interface is open.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The maximum coin value that can be stored in an upgraded gem bag is 605,280 coins, the combined cost of 60 of all the gems.
- The bag's value is unaffected by its contents, so even when full, the wealth evaluator will still only show 25,000 coins.
- Unlike a normal gem bag, the contents of upgraded gem bag could not be emptied to the inventory while the player was in their bank screen giving the message "You can't do that." This was intentional due to technical limitations, but was fixed on the 23 June 2014.
- If the player dies with the upgraded gem bag and loses it, the bag and the upgrade can be purchased back from the Rewards Trader, and all the gems previously stored in the bag will be inside.
|Other Ranged equipment|
|Other Magic equipment|