The interface that players can use to choose the herbs that are destroyed when obtained as drops.
Herbicide is a Dungeoneering reward purchased from the Rewards trader for 34,000 Dungeoneering tokens or from the Farmers' Market of the player-owned farm for 10,000 beans. It requires level 21 Herblore and level 21 Dungeoneering to use.
Herbicide automatically destroys grimy herbs from monster drops and rewards the player double the experience that would have been received from cleaning the herb. There are certain restrictions for this effect:
- It only destroys herbs that the player has the Herblore level to clean.
- It does not destroy noted herb drops.
- It only destroys herbs chosen through the herbicide's "Inspect" option.
The herbicide collector upgrade can be purchased from the Farmers' Market for 25,000 beans. The upgraded herbicide can be set to automatically pick up any herbs that are not burned (apart from noted ones), similar to the effect of the upgraded bonecrusher. In addition, the herbicide can be added to tool belt after purchasing the ability for 500 slayer points from any slayer master.
Before the herbicide collector upgrade will start picking up herbs, players need to toggle the auto-pickup option at the bottom of the herbicide settings.
Under the "Inspect" option, the player can hover the mouse over the name of a herb to see the current market price for that herb.
Like the seedicide, the herbicide trades "proper" training for combat-based simplicity. Herblore experience is awarded after killing a monster that has dropped a herb, much like Slayer experience. One benefit that the herbicide provides is that the player has precise control over what is and is not to be destroyed (leaving the valuable herbs intact while destroying the herbs that would have been otherwise ignored, for example).
On the other hand, the Herbicide is also very situational. Not all monsters drop herbs, requiring the player to engage certain monsters to make full use of the herbicide. In addition, there are no items that directly synergise with the Herbicide's erosion (other than the botanist's outfit). Additionally, the herbicide has no effect on noted herbs, so its use is restricted to monsters that drop herbs unnoted.
Ultimately, the herbicide's worth is to be decided by the player. The greatest advantage the herbicide provides is the opportunity to train combat skills and Herblore simultaneously; training with the Herbicide is by no means faster or a replacement for "proper" training. Because most high levelled combat or slayer monster has been changed to drop noted herbs, this made the herbicide less effective to use. However, if a player has high Dungeoneering and Slayer levels, they likely have an abundance of both Dungeoneering tokens to buy the herbicide and the Slayer reward points to put the herbicide in the tool belt, which eliminates the need for an inventory spot to have the herbicide in.
|Grimy spirit weed
|Grimy dwarf weed
- ^ a b c d The level requirements for cleaning these herbs are irrelevant because they are less than 21, the herbicide's requirement. Any player using the herbicide is always able to affect these herbs, bar the unusual circumstance of decreased Herblore levels.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 4 May 2020 (Update):
- When the Herbicide option to auto-collect herbs is turned on, they'll go straight to the Herb Bag instead of the Backpack.
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):.
- It is no longer possible to buy duplicate Advance gold accumulators, Herbicides, Bonecrushers or Charming imps if you have them stored on your toolbelt.
- patch 26 November 2018 (Update):
- Chat messages for destroying herbs with Herbicide are no longer duplicated.
- ninja 15 June 2015 (Update):
- Herbicide will now state which herb was destroyed.
- patch 1 February 2011 (Update):
- This item now functions correctly when using a dwarf multicannon.
- patch 4 January 2011 (Update):
- Herbicide now works on herbs from grenwalls.
- patch 1 September 2010 (Update):
- Corrected the information about the herbicide item in the Herblore skill guide.
- The inventory icon for the herbicide is the same as the Strong magic potion's.
- This item does not stack in the bank. Buying two herbicides to reserve the bank spot does not work. However, each one can have its own, unique settings.
- On death, this item will be dropped under your gravestone, and you will have to pick it up manually rather than picking it up via the gravestone. It is unknown whether this is a glitch.