Twisted bird skull necklace
|Twisted bird skull necklace|
|Release||2 November 2010 (Update)|
|The skull has been horrifically distorted.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The twisted bird skull necklace is a Dungeoneering reward. It is the cheapest bone necklace available, costing 8,500 Dungeoneering tokens. This item requires level 30 Prayer and level 30 Dungeoneering to obtain and equip.
When worn, this necklace restores Prayer points when burying certain bones:
- 50 Prayer points for burying normal, burnt, or bat bones.
- 50 Prayer points for burying big, baby dragon, or wyvern bones.
- 50 Prayer points for burying dragon, ourg, or frost dragon bones.
- While using the attuned ectoplasmator:
- 50 Prayer points for absorbing impious ashes
- 50 Prayer points for absorbing accursed ashes, ghosts, ghasts, tortured souls, regular and mighty banshee, Loar, Phrin, Riyl, Asyn, and Fiyr Shades
- 50 Prayer points for absorbing infernal ashes, tortured ashes aberrant spectres, spiritual mages, rangers and warriors, the Barrows brothers, tormented wraiths, and all Revenants
Note that manually scattering ashes will not restore prayer points when using the necklace, nor will ghosts killed in conjunction with the ectoplasmator. Only ghosts killed or ashes scattered automatically by the attuned ectoplasmator will trigger the effects of the necklace.
The necklace may be of use in the Wilderness, as there is a large supply of bones usually available that can be used to restore Prayer points, if an altar is not within reach. If player killing, it is unwise to bring this with you because the space required to hold bones is better served holding high-healing food or potions.
The necklace can be used together with the bonecrusher to gain 50 Prayer points every time you kill a monster that drops bones as remains, or with the attuned ectoplasmator when killing ghosts or demons. This can be useful to sustain prayers for longer periods of time in combat.
In theory, this necklace is an inexpensive alternative to training on weak monsters, if the player has high enough Constitution and the Redemption prayer. By burying bones it is possible to gain just 100 Prayer points to trigger redemption when life points are low. However this method can be used only by members and doesn't work with players with a low Constitution level.
Players with a higher combat level often use this amulet in free-to-play as a replacement for the prayer potions in members. As bones are less in value than swordfish, it makes the amulet an excellent way for PvM, if the player is short on money.
If killed in the wilderness, the amulet will appear on the ground. It can be retrieved if you make it back before it disappears. The player who killed you cannot pick it up or see it.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Rewards trader||8,500||Dungeoneering tokens||∞|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- Update): 30 April 2013 (
- patch 4 December 2012 (Update):
- Twisted bird skull and demon horn necklace now restores the correct amount of prayer points.
- patch 14 September 2011 (Update):
- Updated item information for the Prayer rework in the Dungeoneering reward shop.
|Other Ranged equipment|
|Other Magic equipment|