The spirit cape is a Dungeoneering reward that can be purchased for 45,000 Dungeoneering tokens. It requires level 50 Defence, 50 Summoning, and 50 Dungeoneering to equip. After the cape is purchased, the special move cost for combat Summoning familiars is permanently reduced by 20%. This is a passive effect and the cape does not have to be worn for this to be enabled.
The spirit cape effect does not work with a stat boost from a special move scroll, such as the wolpertinger. The effect works with the unicorn stallion familiar, even though it is not a combat familiar, but not with the ghast familiar, despite similarities between its special and the unicorn's. The effect only lowers the special attack cost of combat related attacks (with the exception of the unicorn). This means that, even with combat familiars such as the elemental titans, the effect will not reduce the cool down of titan's constitution, since it is not a combat scroll.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
Comparison with other capes[edit | edit source]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 4 August 2014 (Update):
- The life points reference for the Mercenary gloves and Spirit capes in the Dungeoneering shop has been removed.
- update 31 August 2011 (Update):
- The Titan’s Constitution scroll no longer works with the spirit cape.
- update 20 December 2011 (Update):
- The spirit cape's message about cheaper Summoning specials has been added to the spam filter.
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- The Titan’s Constitution scroll no longer works with this cape.
- patch 9 November 2010 (Update):
- The spirit cape reward now works correctly with Summoning spells.
- Previously, when using the spirit cape players used to get an in-game message "Your spirit cape reduces the cost of your familiar's scroll." if it was not filtered. Additionally, the spirit cape could be used on a completionist cape to toggle spirit cape abilities on the completionist cape. With the cape's effect now being passively applied on the player, this functionality has been removed.