The amulet of zealots is a Dungeoneering reward that, when worn, increases the boost of activated single-stat boosting prayers. The amulet requires a Prayer level of 48 and a Dungeoneering level of 48, costs 40,000 Dungeoneering tokens, and has the highest Prayer penalty of any item.
To single-stat boosting standard prayers and to Leech Curses, the amulet increases the accuracy and defence gained from them by 10%, and raises their damage boost by a flat 10%. To demonstrate, if a player gained +100 accuracy, +100 defence, and a +6% damage boost from such prayers, the amulet of zealots would raise those values to +110 accuracy, +110 defence, and a +16% damage boost.
Given the nature of these bonuses, with Leech Curses a damage boost of up to 18% can be gained, beating even Malevolence, Desolation and Affliction at 12%; however, the accuracy and defence gained under the amulet is poor and the boosts take time to strengthen. Using the amulet also sacrifices the necklace slot and carries a high penalty to prayer drain. The amulet is most viable where the player never misses an attack and is not concerned with the high prayer drain.
It is recommended to be used in conjunction with passive damage healing effects like the Vampyrism aura, Soul Split, or a scrimshaw of vampyrism (only when using melee). Alternatively, a player may briefly switch to a blood necklace to heal, as the amulet applies its bonuses instantly upon re-equipping. There is no need for additional prayer restoration when using Ultimate Strength or the ranged / magic equivalent for a 16% damage boost, holy overloads and a total Prayer bonus of at least 1 (-5 from amulet and +6 from other gear) at level 99 Prayer. Lower Prayer level would probably require a higher prayer bonus.
Dying with an amulet of zealots in the Wilderness results in the necklace being converted into 20,000 coins, which are dropped.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 11 January 2021 (Update):
- More information has been added to the Amulet of Zealots' effect tooltip.
- patch 13 July 2015 (Update):
- Hydrix jewellery and amulet of zealots will now correctly convert to coins upon dying against a PvP opponent.
- patch 13 April 2015 (Update):
- The Amulet of Zealots now works correctly with the Leech Melee Strength curse.
- ninja 7 April 2015 (Update):
- The Amulet of Zealots has been boosted slightly.
- patch 3 July 2013 (Update):
- The amulet of zealots now only boosts one-stat-boosting prayers, as stated in the Dungeoneering rewards interface.
- patch 17 June 2013 (Update):
- The amulet of zealots now shows the correct prayer bonus in the shop.
- patch 22 November 2011 (Update):
- The amulet of zealots is no longer referred to as the amulet of hopelessness in the skill advance guide.
- patch 16 May 2011 (Update):
- The amulet of zealots no longer stretches when resting.
- patch 20 December 2010 (Update):
- The amulet of zealots now shows the boost when using curses on the Prayer interface.
- patch 9 November 2010 (Update):
- The amulet of zealots is now correctly listed in the skill advance guide.
- This item's original name was the Amulet of Hopelessness, as found in the Dungeoneering rewards guide and the level up message. This was changed on 22 November 2011.
Amulet of Hopelessness previously appeared on the level up screen
- For a time after the release of Evolution of Combat, the amulet would work with multi-stat prayers and curses. This was patched on 3 July 2013.
- On 7 April 2015 the amulet of zealots was changed to work with leech curses.
- Zealot is Greek for the words emulator, admirer and follower.
- As of 13 July 2015 the amulet of zealots will turn into 20,000 coins if you die with it in the Wilderness.