|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||You'll have to buy another gem bag from Daemonheim if you destroy this one.|
|Backpack||Fill, Withdraw, Inspect, Empty, Destroy|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A bag that can hold plenty of uncut gems.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The gem bag requires level 25 Crafting and Dungeoneering, and costs 2,000 Dungeoneering tokens (making it the least expensive non-experience reward). It can hold up to a total of 100 uncut gems (total not each) of the following types:
Left-click the bag to store any uncut gems from inventory (if the gem bag cannot hold all the gems, it will take the ones that come first in the inventory). Using the bag on an uncut gem (or vice-versa) stores all uncut gems of that type in the bag. The gem bag automatically takes gems when they are being picked up by the player since the update on 2 February 2015. When the bank interface is open, right-click "Empty" to empty the bag's contents into the bank.
The gem bag can be upgraded for 20,000 Dungeoneering tokens into a gem bag (upgraded). However, the upgraded version is available to members only, which means non-members will no longer be able to use or retrieve gems from it after their subscription ends. Gem bag cannot be upgraded unless empty.
Uses[edit | edit source]
The gem bag can be used to save inventory space when mining gem rocks that yield the uncut gems it can hold. The bag can also save inventory space when collecting gems dropped during Slayer assignments (such as goraks and abyssal demons, who drop gems frequently). Additionally, it can be used while cracking the wall safes in the Rogues' Den.
Storing gems in the bag can also save bank space. This is particularly useful for free players as they can save up to three spaces if they had all gem types in their bank. Players may only own one gem bag at a time. It should be noted that it stores 100 gems in total, not 100 gems of each type.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Rewards trader||2,000||Dungeoneering tokens||∞|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 12 November 2018 (Update):
- Added a tooltip to the regular gem bag (the upgraded version had one already).
- ninja 26 March 2018 (Update):
- ninja 4 April 2016 (Update):
- The Gem bag and Gem bag upgrade now have an Empty option usable from the inventory in the Bank interface which deposits all stored gems directly to the bank.
- patch 17 October 2011 (Update):
- The gem bag reward item could kick you offline if used on the wrong sort of gem. This has been fixed.
- update 21 April 2010 (Update):
- Dungeoneering reward items have had their costs reduced to a more suitable amount. Anyone who has already bought any of these items will find they have been refunded the difference in reward tokens.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The maximum coin value that can be stored in a gem bag is 137,300 coins.
- The actual level requirement is 34, as you need 2,000 tokens to purchase it, which requires earning 20,000 XP.
- The gem bag used to cost 13,000 Dungeoneering tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.
|Other Ranged equipment|
|Other Magic equipment|