Heal Other is a high-level ally healing spell that requires 92 magic to cast and is the singular version of Heal Group. It cannot be used on targets in a single PvP zone.
The spell transfers up to 75% of the caster's current life points to the targeted player as long as the caster has at least 11% of their health. The targeted player must have Accept Aid to Lunar spells enabled to be healed by this spell. Heal Other has a a cooldown of 10 seconds that it shares with Heal Group. Damage can be prevented with the use of the Barricade ability. As with all Lunar spells, the quest Lunar Diplomacy must be completed to cast this spell.
Heal Other is commonly used by pkers in the Wilderness to "Lunar Smite" opponents items. This tactic involves a team of at least two pkers with one being an attacker and the other using Heal Other. The victim of "Lunar Smite" is constantly attacked by a prayer draining pker, but also constantly rehealed by Heal Other. This will recycle a victims health to lose enormous prayer points without reaching death. The goal of Lunar Smite is to guarantee that there are no more sources of prayer potions/ prayer points to use protect item prayer, with the end result being the team taking the victims item. Lunar Smite can be avoided by turning off all accept aid options before entering the Wilderness.
|12.73||3,798.4|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 5 October 2020 (Update):
- You are now unable to cast the 'Heal Other' spell on characters that take lethal damage.
- patch 5 February 2018 (Update):
- 'Heal Other' and 'Heal Group' may no longer be used on targets in single-way PvP zones.
- patch 4 July 2016 (Update):
- Heal Other and Heal Group can now be used again with the Barricade ability active without the caster taking damage. The abilities now have and share a casting cooldown of 10 seconds.
- patch 15 February 2011 (Update):
- The Heal Other spell icon has been updated from using a red cross to a purple cross.
- The icon of the spell was originally red but was changed due to similarities to other copyrighted icons.
- There is a glitch that occurs allowing players to transfer life points to a player who is defeated. This will not stop them from dying, but the casting player will still lose 75% of their life points.
- Smiddi Ryak gains Heal Other at level 92 in Temple Trekking, the same magic level required for the player to use.
- Previously, this spell was not affected by Barricade and would still damage the player. Due to player complaints, the ability to avoid Heal Other's damage via Barricade was returned but now has a 10 second cooldown that is shared with Heal Group. Two spells can still be cast if the user has the Turtling perk, which increases Barricade's duration.