Heal Other is a high-level ally healing spell that requires 92 magic to cast and is the singular version of Heal Group. It cannot be used on targets in a single PvP zone.
The spell transfers up to 75% of the caster's current life points to the targeted player as long as the caster has at least 11% of their health. The targeted player must have Accept Aid to Lunar spells enabled to be healed by this spell. Heal Other has a a cooldown of 10 seconds that it shares with Heal Group. Damage can be prevented with the use of the Barricade ability. As with all Lunar spells, the quest Lunar Diplomacy must be completed to cast this spell.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 5 February 2018 (Update):
- 'Heal Other' and 'Heal Group' may no longer be used on targets in single-way PvP zones.
- patch 4 July 2016 (Update):
- Heal Other and Heal Group can now be used again with the Barricade ability active without the caster taking damage. The abilities now have and share a casting cooldown of 10 seconds.
- patch 15 February 2011 (Update):
- The Heal Other spell icon has been updated from using a red cross to a purple cross.
- The icon of the spell was originally red but was changed due to similarities to other copyrighted icons.
- There is a glitch that occurs allowing players to transfer life points to a player who is defeated. This will not stop them from dying, but the casting player will still lose 75% of their life points.
- Smiddi Ryak gains Heal Other at level 92 in Temple Trekking, the same magic level required for the player to use.
- Previously, this spell was not affected by Barricade and would still damage the player. Due to player complaints, the ability to avoid Heal Other's damage via Barricade was returned but now has a 10 second cooldown that is shared with Heal Group. Two spells can still be cast if the user has the Turtling perk, which increases Barricade's duration.