Plank Make is a Lunar Magic spell. When cast it will convert one applicable log into a plank of the same type, but without running from the bank to the Sawmill. There is still a conversion fee (aside from the rune cost), but it is 30% cheaper than the Sawmill operator. However, this savings is negated by the rune cost of the spell, which is 1,403 coins (based on GE prices for the Nature and Astral runes, while using a staff for the Earth runes).
Plank Make is a good method to train Magic and is faster experience than High Level Alchemy. The need to stay in a bank area may cause players who prefer to train other skills along with Magic to be more inclined to use High Level Alchemy. Dream Mentor must be completed in order to cast this spell.
Plank Make may be cast once per 3 game ticks (about 1.8 seconds). Including banking time, up to about 1800 Plank Makes may be cast per hour, giving about 162k Magic experience per hour.
The following table is based upon casting the spell with an Earth staff or equivalent.
||Current Coin Values
||Direct Coin Cost of Spell
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 7 January 2014 (Update):
- The sound for this spell has been improved to be less harsh on the ears.
- patch 16 May 2011 (Update):
- This spell no longer flashes while in Safe Mode.
- patch 3 May 2011 (Update):
- The animation for this spell has been made less bright and flashes less.
- patch 11 January 2010 (Update):
- The sound when casting this spell has had its volume reduced slightly.
- patch 13 October 2009 (Update):
- Casting this spell now returns you to the spellbook after casting.
- Casting Plank Make on Lunar lumber in the Livid Farm uses a different animation which originally was a large ball of bright light. This was later changed to be not so intense and a dimmer red colour. This was announced in Patch Notes (3 May 2011).
- Plank Make used to have a confirmation screen for each log, but this was removed. The removal of the confirmation screen sped up the cast speed from once per 4 game ticks to once per 3 game ticks.
- In September 2009, the cast speed was changed to 2 game ticks per cast but was later changed back to 3.
- A player casting Plank Make can successfully follow another player as long as some time between casts is given. It is possible to walk around short distances; again leaving some time in between casts. Large distances, however, cannot be covered.
- A player must cast Plank Make exactly 104,853 times to go from 86 - 99 Magic, and will make a loss of -180,976,278 in doing so, if making mahogany planks.