This article is about the spell. For the Hunter item, see bird snare
Snare is a combat spell which prevents your opponent from moving.
It currently lasts for 9 seconds against players and 18 seconds against monsters.
It is possible to cast Snare on a target that is already affected. However, this will not refresh the effect and does not grant experience, resulting in a total waste of runes.
This spell was often disputed over whether it should be members only. Many players believe that it's too powerful of an attack for Free-to-Play, while others think that it wouldn't be much of a benefit for Pay-to-Play. This spell is currently for members only, while f2p users can still use Bind.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
patch 24 July 2017 (Update):
- Players now receive a message for successfully binding an opponent.
- patch 11 January 2016 (Update):
- NPCs affected by snare, bind or entangle will now have the correct boosted damage modifier applied when using abilities that rely on stuns.
- patch 5 October 2015 (Update):
- The spell descriptions of the durations of Bind, Snare and Entangle have been updated to match the ability.
- patch 20 April 2015 (Update):
- Binding a target in PvP will now correctly bind them at their current location, instead of on arrival at their last chosen destination.
- patch 16 March 2015 (Update):
- Entangle spells will no longer ignore stun immunity.
- patch 8 February 2010 (Update):
- The Snare and Entangle spells will correctly tell you that they're members-only.
- The animation of Snare is almost identical to that of Bind other than that the latter's "vine" has a greyer colour.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, Snare was able to deal damage, and required not only nature runes but also water and earth runes.