This article is about the spell. For the Hunter item, see bird snare
Snare is a combat spell which prevents your opponent from moving.
It currently lasts for 9 seconds against players and 18 seconds against monsters.
It is possible to cast Snare on a target that is already affected. However, this will not refresh the effect and does not grant experience, resulting in a total waste of runes.
This spell was often disputed over whether it should be members only. Many players believe that it's too powerful of an attack for Free-to-Play, while others think that it wouldn't be much of a benefit for Pay-to-Play. This spell is currently for members only, while f2p users can still use Bind.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
patch 24 July 2017 (Update):
- Players now receive a message for successfully binding an opponent.
- patch 11 January 2016 (Update):
- NPCs affected by snare, bind or entangle will now have the correct boosted damage modifier applied when using abilities that rely on stuns.
- patch 20 April 2015 (Update):
- Binding a target in PvP will now correctly bind them at their current location, instead of on arrival at their last chosen destination.
- patch 16 March 2015 (Update):
- Entangle spells will no longer ignore stun immunity.
- patch 14 December 2010 (Update):
- The Bind, Snare and Entangle spells will once again work on implings.
- patch 8 February 2010 (Update):
- The Snare and Entangle spells will correctly tell you that they're members-only.
- The animation of Snare is almost identical to that of Bind other than that the latter's "vine" has a greyer colour.