|Release date||21 June 2021 (Update)|
|Quest||City of Senntisten and Desert Treasure|
|Description||Disorient the target with a veil of smoke, leaving them vulnerable.|
- Increases the target's damage received from critical strikes by 15%.
- The damage cap against the target when landing a critical strike is increased by 12%.
- 120s duration.
- Effect is 40% effective for non-magic damage.
Smoke Cloud is an Ancient Magicks combat spell requiring a Magic level of 74 to cast. The quest City of Senntisten must be completed to cast this spell.
When cast on a target, the spell will increase their damage received from critical hits and increases the damage cap from critical hits against them for 120 seconds. For Magic attacks, the critical hit damage will be increased by 15% and the critical hit damage cap will be increased by 12%. For Melee and Ranged attacks, these will be increased by 6% and 4.8%, respectively (only 40% of the increase given to Magic attacks).
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
|Combat Style||Increase in
|Critical hit cap|
|Increased cap without
|Increased cap with|
This hex is particularly powerful when combined with Biting 4, a Reaver's ring, and an active Erethdor's grimoire as the forced critical hit rate is at 25% (or 25.8% for Biting 4 installed on level 20 augmented gear).
- Critical hits with Shatter or Onslaught keep their cap at 30,000.
- Tuska's Wrath keeps its cap at 15,000.
Cost[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 5 July 2021 (Update):
- Smoke Cloud has been added to Borrowed Power.
- Reduced the effectiveness of the spell by 60% for ranged and melee hits.
- Ranged/Melee: Critical hit cap 112% -> 104.8%. Critical strike damage 15% -> 6%.
|Part 10 of the The Elder God Wars quest series|