Fire Wave, a members-only Magic spell, is the second-strongest fire spell in the standard spellbook. It requires four fire runes and four air runes to cast. The base damage of this spell is 720, and it scales up to 768 at 80 Magic.
Players can use this spell to reignite the dragon forge in the Ancient Cavern that allows players with 92 Smithing to attach all three parts of a broken dragon platebody.
|4||468|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 20 November 2012 (Update):
- Elemental spells no longer require mind, chaos, death, or blood runes.
- update 24 June 2010 (Update):
- We’ve changed the animations for all of the Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave and Surge spells (for all four elements). These spells now use some of the game engine's newer features such as particles, and have updated sound effects to accompany them.
- update 9 June 2009 (Update):
- Other small changes concern the Strongholds of Security and of Player Safety, where only those in need of information will be quizzed, and the magic spell icons, which have had a graphical update.
- The spell Iban Blast uses the same sounds as Fire Wave.
- TzTok-Jad's Magic attack uses the same "hitting" sound as Fire Wave.
- When exploding, Castle Wars explosives use the old animation when being hit by a Fire Wave.
- As revealed during Salt in the Wound, Kennith has the ability to cast Fire Wave.
- The Queen Black Dragon has an attack of the same name, but is different as her fire wave attack creates a wall of dragonfire.