Entangle is a combat spell which prevents monsters from moving for 24 seconds, or players for 12 seconds.
It is possible to cast Entangle on a target that is already affected. However, this will not refresh the effect and does not grant experience, resulting in a total waste of runes.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
patch 24 July 2017 (Update):
- Players now receive a message for successfully binding an opponent.
- patch 11 January 2016 (Update):
- NPCs affected by snare, bind or entangle will now have the correct boosted damage modifier applied when using abilities that rely on stuns.
- patch 20 April 2015 (Update):
- Binding a target in PvP will now correctly bind them at their current location, instead of on arrival at their last chosen destination.
- patch 16 March 2015 (Update):
- Entangle spells will no longer ignore stun immunity.
- patch 14 December 2010 (Update):
- The Bind, Snare and Entangle spells will once again work on implings.
- patch 8 February 2010 (Update):
- The Snare and Entangle spells will correctly tell you that they're members-only.
- Casting Entangle on Penance Fighters or Penance Rangers would cause the player to take 20 unblockable damage as it counts as wrong attack type.
- Entangle used to do a small amount of damage to the target.
- The FunOrb game Arcanists features a spell in the nature book called "Entangle" and it stops the player it hits from jumping.
- It's revealed during Salt in the Wound, Kennith has the ability to cast Entangle. Some of the stronger Forgotten mages in Daemonheim also use Entangle.
Plays when players cast the Entangle spell.