This article is about magic spell. For the set of prayers, see Ancient Curses
Curse is a spell that increases the target's damage received by 5% for 1 minute.
Using Curse on a target will not stack with using Vulnerability, despite the icons for both spells showing up on the target. Vulnerability will override Curse for a maximum 10% damage bonus.
It can be cast again on the same target at any time to refresh the duration. Experience is gained only if it hits.
Remember, you cannot use Ancient Magicks or Lunar Spells if you are using standard spells.
Plays when players cast the Curse spell
- The Magic dummy in Lumbridge used to be the most popular targets for failed cursing. Due to an update, attempting to curse the magic dummy generates the message 'You can't weaken that'.
- This is the only low level curse that affects Ranged and Magic damage.
- Before the Evolution of Combat update, this spell used 1 body rune, 3 earth runes and 2 water runes.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 24 July 2017 (Update):
- Players can now recast affinity spells (such as Vulnerability) when they are already active to restart the timer.
- Players now receive a message for successfully adding an affinity spell to an opponent.