Chill bolt was an early combat spell. It became available at level 1 GoodMagic, and consumed 2 water runes, and 1 air rune when cast. It was replaced and adjusted with the spell wind strike after the update New magic system online!, which combined the Good and Evil Magic skills.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 27 January 2001 (Update):
- Bolt spells were made much more powerful, as well as no longer being dependant on your ranged skill.
- Each basic elemental staff (water, fire, earth, and air) now acts as unlimited runes of that type.
- update 4 January 2001 (Update):
- Runescape beta goes live, releasing chill bolt into the game.