Air Bolt is the second-strongest free-to-play Magic air spell and the fourth-strongest air spell for members in the standard spellbook. This spell requires two air runes to cast. The base damage of this spell is 163, and it scales up to 384 at 40 Magic.
Members who have completed the Family Crest quest can wear Chaos gauntlets which increase the maximum damage of the spell.
|0|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 20 November 2012 (Update):
- Elemental spells no longer require mind, chaos, death, or blood runes.
- Name changed from Wind Bolt to Air Bolt.
- Rune cost changed from 2 air runes and 1 chaos rune to 2 air runes.
- update 24 June 2010 (Update):
- We’ve changed the animations for all of the Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave and Surge spells (for all four elements). These spells now use some of the game engine's newer features such as particles, and have updated sound effects to accompany them.
- update 9 June 2009 (Update):
- Other small changes concern the Strongholds of Security and of Player Safety, where only those in need of information will be quizzed, and the magic spell icons, which have had a graphical update.
- update 24 May 2001 (Update):
- The RuneScape magic system has been massively improved with the addition of lots of new spells. Magic can also now be used during combat!
- Level requirement changed from level 14 GoodMagic to level 17 Magic.
- Rune cost changed from 3 air runes and 1 fire rune to 2 air runes and 1 chaos rune.