Tune Banite Ore is a Lunar spell which requires 87 Magic (can be boosted) and partial completion of the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest. Players learn the spell in Kethsi where they find and read the tune banite ore scroll. It requires 2 astral runes, 4 earth runes, 1 banite ore in your inventory and an item related to the monster that the banite ore is to be tuned to. The item will not be consumed.
After that it can be smelted into bane bar corresponding to its attunement, using any furnace (which requires 80 Smithing), then smithed on the anvils on Kethsi (80 Smithing for arrowheads and bolts), and then finally fletched into arrows (76 Fletching required) or bolts (80 Fletching and 82 Smithing required). Bolts made from banite ore are made 75 at a time, rather than the usual 10.
The projectiles also require high level equipment to fire from. Arrows can be fired from Magic bows and up and bolts from Rune crossbows and up.
- ^ a b c The mounted head can be in the player's own house, or in another player's house.
When the spell is cast on one of these items, it will tune the banite ore into a banite ore related to the monster. The monster-related item will not be destroyed in this process. The spell has a make-x/make-all option when cast with multiple ores in the inventory. Previously, all ores in the inventory would have been tuned in one instance, with experience received for each ore but at some point this was changed and now one cast will tune one ore.
The tuned banite ore can then be smelted into a banite bar (correspond to the monster type), which can then be smithed on a Kethsian anvil into arrowtips or unfeathered bolts, which, when completed, do extra damage to the specified monster.
Unlocking the Tune Banite Ore spell is one of the requirements needed to wear both the master quest cape and the completionist cape.
As an alternative, the Tune Banite Ore spell can be cast directly on banite rocks to mine monster-specific ore directly from the rocks. This buff lasts for two minutes per cast. Casting the spell this way still requires an appropriate item in your backpack or trophy in your skill hall.
Tertiaries are also required, as specified above.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 16 November 2020 (Update):
- The Tune Banite Ore spell will no longer show the X icon when hovering over items in the Backpack.
- ninja 21 September 2020 (Update):
- Tune Banite Ore can now be cast on banite rocks to mine monster-specific ore directly from the rock.
- To do so, you will need the appropriate item in your backpack or on the wall of your Player Owned House.
- Runes are consumed and Magic XP is given once an ore is gained.
- This spell remains active for 2 minutes and will apply to all banite rocks.
- Various boosts and buffs also apply to these ores, including banite stone Spirits, Signs of the Porter and Juju Potions.
- The original functionality of this spell remains.
- patch 9 April 2018 (Update):
- Incorrect feedback message has been removed from the tune bane ore spell when you're using the exact number of runes.
- patch 19 December 2012 (Update):
- Tune Bane Ore now works correctly with mounted POH stuffed heads.
- patch 12 October 2011 (Update):
- The Tune Bane Ore icon in the skill advance guide has been fixed.
- patch 4 October 2011 (Update):
- Tune Baneore is now required to wear the completionist cape.