Blood Barrage requires a Magic level of 92 to cast and can heal the caster by 5% of the damage dealt on the main target and by 3% of the damage dealt on secondary targets. It has a 100% chance to heal the caster when cast as an auto-attack. If this spell is used with an ability, it only has a 10% chance to heal, or a 20% chance if the caster has Dark Form active. It requires two blood runes and five fire runes to cast. The base damage of this spell is 883.
When cast as an auto-attack, this spell will strike a 3x3 square area surrounding the target, hitting other players and monsters in this space. Damage to secondary targets is 35% less.
Blood Barrage is often used for training magic due to the area of effect damage combined with the healing effect.
As with all Ancient Magicks spells, the quest Desert Treasure must be completed to cast this spell.
|2||1,126|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- An issue causing AoE spells, such as the burst and barrage ancient magicks, to not award adrenaline correctly has been fixed.
- patch 28 July 2014 (Update):
- The Blood Burst and Blood Barrage spells have been altered so they do not increase the player’s special attack energy in Legacy mode.
- patch 12 October 2011 (Update):
- The ‘Blood’ ancient spells now heal for 1/4 of the damage dealt by the player, rather than a quarter of their max possible hit.
- patch 26 July 2011 (Update):
- Casting this spell no longer attempts to cast it on the caster.
- patch 15 February 2011 (Update):
- This spell no longer takes an additional soul rune in PvP combat.
- It is not recommended to use Blood Barrage when fighting Commander Zilyana as it increases the damage she deals.