Incite Fear is an Ancient Magicks spell that requires a Magic level of 98 to cast.
When used with a magic ability, it adds a stack of Glacial Embrace even if it misses. Channelled abilities can apply multiple stacks but others such as Wild Magic will only apply one. Runes for Incite Fear are consumed for every stack of Glacial Embrace until five stacks are reached. Every stack of Glacial Embrace decreases the adrenaline cost of Tsunami by 12%. In addition, when the player reaches five stacks, the player will perform a Frost Surge, dealing 10–50% ability damage to the primary target and up to eight nearby enemies in a 5x5 area-of-effect around the primary target based on hit chance. There is a 12-second cooldown between every usage of Frost Surge and it consumes runes when it activates. After the cooldown, the player's next magic ability that strikes a target will activate frost surge even if it splashes. The base damage of this spell is 940 and scales up to 950 at level 99.
The quest City of Senntisten must be completed to cast this spell.
- When used in PvP areas, Frost Surge will not cause the user of the spell to become skulled if a stray player is caught inside the 5x5 hit as it will deal no damage to them.
- Incite Fear needs to be the selected mainhand spell to activate its Frost Surge passive.
- Frost Surge does not activate with melee or ranged abilities.
- Enemies in a 5x5 area of the primary target hit by Frost Surge become aggressive towards the player, except for when the enemies are already in combat with another player.
- Critical hits from the Frost Surge passive stack with Tsunami's critical hit buff.
- Inspiration aura does not generate adrenaline off the activation of Frost Surge.
- If the player activates a magic ability followed by switching targets in the same game tick, Frost surge activates on the new target and not the target that was hit.
|21||4,154|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- Ring of Vigour's 10% adrenaline retained after an ultimate ability is applied prior to Incite fear's adrenaline reduction on Tsunami. This means at five stacks of Glacial Embrace, Tsunami will require 40% adrenaline, and consume 30% adrenaline. If the Conservation of Energy relic from Archaeology is also used, Tsunami will only consume 20% adrenaline.