Water Bolt is the second-strongest free-to-play Magic water spell and the fourth-strongest water spell for members in the standard spellbook. This spell requires two water runes and two air runes to cast. The base damage of this spell is 220, and it scales up to 432 at 45 Magic.
Members who have completed the Family Crest quest can wear chaos gauntlets which increase the maximum damage of this spell.
It is possible to reduce the cost of water spells to zero with the avernic wand, which can be wielded together with the tome of frost.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 20 November 2012 (Update):
- Elemental spells no longer require mind, chaos, death, or blood runes.
- update 24 June 2010 (Update):
- We’ve changed the animations for all of the Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave and Surge spells (for all four elements). These spells now use some of the game engine's newer features such as particles, and have updated sound effects to accompany them.
- update 9 June 2009 (Update):
- Other small changes concern the Strongholds of Security and of Player Safety, where only those in need of information will be quizzed, and the magic spell icons, which have had a graphical update.