|Release||18 March 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||110 coins|
|Low alch||73 coins|
|Exchange||695 coins (info)|
|A high level catalytic rune.|
|FAQ • doc|
Blood runes are a members-only rune used in the Magic skill to cast Ancient Magicks and Lunar spells, and enchant Ruby bolts (e). Blood runes can be crafted at the Blood Altar using pure essence, requiring level 77 Runecrafting and completion of Legacy of Seergaze. They give 10.5 Runecrafting experience each. If the Morytania legs 2 or better are worn, players have a 10% chance of receiving a second blood rune per essence.
Blood runes are dropped by a large range of monsters, such as Fire giants, Aviansies, and Shadow warriors. They may be stolen from the chest in the Chaos Druid Tower, purchased from magic store owners, such as the Mage of Zamorak, or received as a fairly common loot from the Barrows chest. There is also a respawn point near the Demonic Ruins in the Wilderness.
Crafting multiple blood runes[edit | edit source]
- For more information about Runecrafting multiples, see crafting multiple runes.
Spells[edit | edit source]
Blood runes are needed for certain combat spells and as well as some non-combat spells. Below is a list of spells in which Blood runes are used, as well as their respective spellbooks.
- Enchant Crossbow Bolt (Ruby) (Standard)
- Kharyrll Teleport (Ancient)
- Smoke Blitz (Ancient)
- Shadow Blitz (Ancient)
- Blood Blitz (Ancient)
- Ice Blitz (Ancient)
- Smoke Barrage (Ancient)
- Shadow Barrage (Ancient)
- Annakarl Teleport (Ancient)
- Disruption Shield (Lunar)
- Blood Barrage (Ancient)
- Ice Barrage (Ancient)
- Heal Group (Lunar)
- Prism of Restoration (Ancient)
- Prism of Salvation (Ancient)
- Prism of Loyalty (Ancient)
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Ali's Discount Wares||Al Kharid||550||Coins||100|
|Aubury's Rune Shop (New Varrock)||New Varrock||550||Zemomark||10|
|Baba Yaga's Magic Shop||Lunar Isle||550||Coins||100|
|Magic Guild Store - Runes and Staves||Wizards' Guild||550||Coins||100|
Price to XP comparison[edit | edit source]
|Grand Exchange price||GP/XP|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Runes and talismans|
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||3.4%|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the release of Legacy of Seergaze on 22 April 2008, it was not possible to craft blood runes by any means other than the Ourania altar.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat update, blood runes were used in high-level combat spells in the standard spellbook. The removal of their usage in these spells caused a fall in their price but it has since more than recovered.