GoodMagic was an early form of Magic that existed when RuneScape Classic was first released. It was the antithesis of EvilMagic. Players who chose to be a wizard in their character creation process started out with level 8 GoodMagic, and players who chose to be an adventurer started out with level 3 GoodMagic. GoodMagic was removed from the skill list on 10 May 2001 with the update lots of small improvements. Apart from Camouflage, the spells continued to exist until 24 May 2001, when the good and evil magics were officially combined into a single Magic skill.
Spells[edit | edit source]
|Level||Name||Description[n 1]||Runes required|
|1||Chill bolt||A strength 1 missile attack||2 Water runes, 1 Air rune|
|2||Burst of strength||Increases your strength (+5)||2 Body runes, 1 Earth rune|
|4||Camouflage||Increases your hiding||1 Fire rune, 1 Mind rune, 1 Body rune|
|11||Rock skin||Increases your defence (+10)||3 Earth runes, 1 Body runes|
|14||Wind bolt||A strength 2 missile attack||3 Air runes, 1 Fire rune|
- ^ Numbers in parenthesis are not actually shown; they are just a reference showing the increase applied.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 24 May 2001 (Update):
- The RuneScape magic system has been massively improved with the addition of lots of new spells. Magic can also now be used during combat! In addition to this there is also a new prayer system which lets you temporarily cast various effects on your character.
- Magic skill released, replacing GoodMagic and EvilMagic.
- The GoodMagic spells burst of strength and rock skin and the EvilMagic spell thick skin have been turned into the Prayers burst of strength, rock skin, and thick skin.
- update 27 January 2001 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Devious MUD, it is probable the relevant skill was Sorcery-Defence.
References[edit | edit source]