Confuse is a low level Magic spell. When cast on an opponent, their chance to hit is reduced by 5% for 1 minute.
It is not handy against weak monsters, but will fare well against high-levelled bosses due to their increased combat stats.
Stagger is the stronger version of Confuse, and if the two are applied on the same target, Confuse's effects will be ignored as Stagger has the greater effect.
Confuse can be cast again on the same target at any time to refresh the duration. Experience is gained only if it hits.
Remember, you cannot use Ancient Magicks or Lunar Spells if you are using standard spells.
|1||16|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 24 July 2017 (Update):
- Players can now recast affinity spells (such as Vulnerability) when they are already active to restart the timer.
- Players now receive a message for successfully adding an affinity spell to an opponent.
- update 24 May 2001 (Update):
- The RuneScape magic system has been massively improved with the addition of lots of new spells. Magic can also now be used during combat!
- Level requirement changed from level 1 EvilMagic to level 3 Magic.
- Rune cost changed from 2 mind runes and 1 body rune to 3 water runes, 2 earth runes, and 1 body rune.
- update 4 January 2001 (Update):
- Runescape beta goes live, releasing confuse into the game.