Iban Blast was a spell that required 50 Magic to cast and was notable for its devastating damage and high accuracy. Without boosts it could deal a maximum of 250 damage. When used with appropriate magic damage boosts it could hit up to 417. This made it the most damaging of all low level and mid-level spells - almost as powerful as Fire Surge.
Players must have had completed the Underground Pass quest and had an Iban's staff equipped (which required 50 Attack) to use this spell. The spell could be cast 120 times before the staff needed to be recharged, although using it on another player would consume two charges per cast. It could be autocast, ever since the 2 September 2009 update.
The staff had to be recharged in the Well of Iban. The well is located in the Underground Pass. Using a teleport crystal to the elven village of Lletya is one of the fastest ways to get to the well. The well can be found behind the doors in the northeast of the large cavern. An even faster method becomes available after Mourning's End Part II, by teleporting to the Death Altar using the Abyss or wicked hood.
It cost less than god spell and could deal more damage (unless Charge was used in conjunction with the god spell).
|15||5,137|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- The spell looked similar to the magic attacks of necromancers, elite Khazard guards, the Unholy cursebearer, and Bal'lak the Pummeller.
- The spell that revenants use looks slightly similar, resembling a flaming skull, except the attack that revenants use is white.
- During the Soul Wars tutorial, Nomad will cast a spell on the player to kill them, which resembles the Iban Blast skull.
- With the Evolution of Combat, Iban Blast was not transferred onto the new spell books, and thus was removed from the game. However, the staff still exists.
- With the Legacy Update, Iban Blast was transferred to a special attack that costs 25% adrenaline or special attack energy to use.