Intercept is a Seren spell that allows a player to take damage, including typeless damage, intended for another player for 10 seconds, with the damage reduced by 5%. It can be cast on an unlimited number of players. The protected player must have accept aid on.
The distance from the caster to the receiving player cannot exceed 16 squares; meaning that if the caster is on square 0, there can be at most 15 empty squares, and then the receiving player on square 16.
Barricade will nullify all redirected damage.
It is not possible to cast Intercept while the player is Intercepted by another player.
If the receiving player uses Onslaught, Intercept will not block the recoil or any other attacks they take.
This spell cannot be used in Fist of Guthix, or Castle Wars.
|22||5,360|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 20 January 2020 (Update):
- Intercept can now be refreshed on a target already affected by the spell.
- patch 23 January 2017 (Update):
- A message has been added for players who have had Intercept casted on them.
- Two new buff icons have been added for Intercept, one for the caster and one for the player receiving the spell.
- hotfix 11 December 2016 (Update):
- An issue where a player attacking familiars under the effects of intercept would cause the familiar's owner to become skulled when the familiar retaliated has been fixed.
- patch 17 October 2016 (Update):
- Intercept can no longer be cast on an enemy player in the Castle Wars or Soul Wars minigames.
- patch 26 September 2016 (Update):
- Players can no longer cast Intercept while under the effects of Intercept.
- patch 6 June 2016 (Update):
- The effect of the spell Intercept no longer works from over 16-tiles away.
- patch 1 September 2015 (Update):
- Activating the Intercept spell will now state the correct duration in the chat window.