Intercept is a Seren spell that allows a player to take all the damage the targeted player(s) would have received for 10 seconds with a 5% damage reduction. In order to benefit from the spell, the targeted player must have Accept Aid on. If the targeted player is an ironman account, they must have also unlocked the spell.
The distance from the caster to the receiving player cannot exceed 16 squares; meaning that if the caster is on square 0, there can be at most 15 empty squares, and then the receiving player on square 16.
By combining the spell with Barricade, players targeted by Intercept essentially become invulnerable for however long Barricade lasts alongside the caster. The damage will also soak up most typeless damage, so a player at full health who is under Barricade can intercept a player with low health and use Heal Other on them, restoring their health while the user takes no damage.
The spell is most frequently used at Vorago as some phases can deal quite a lot of normal or typeless damage that would be hard to survive otherwise. It is not as useful at other bosses as they either attack multiple players at once or the damage can be easily mitigated and/or avoided.
|22||3,044|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 20 January 2020 (Update):
- Intercept can now be refreshed on a target already affected by the spell.
- patch 23 January 2017 (Update):
- A message has been added for players who have had Intercept casted on them.
- Two new buff icons have been added for Intercept, one for the caster and one for the player receiving the spell.
- hotfix 11 December 2016 (Update):
- An issue where a player attacking familiars under the effects of intercept would cause the familiar's owner to become skulled when the familiar retaliated has been fixed.
- patch 17 October 2016 (Update):
- Intercept can no longer be cast on an enemy player in the Castle Wars or Soul Wars minigames.
- patch 26 September 2016 (Update):
- Players can no longer cast Intercept while under the effects of Intercept.
- patch 6 June 2016 (Update):
- The effect of the spell Intercept no longer works from over 16-tiles away.
- patch 1 September 2015 (Update):
- Activating the Intercept spell will now state the correct duration in the chat window.