The Humidify spell will fill all empty water-carrying vessels in a player's inventory with a single casting, including buckets, fishbowls, jugs, vials, watering cans, waterskins, bowls and clay. A player receives 65 experience regardless of the number of vessels they have filled. Fishbowls and watering cans are not tradeable if they contain water.
Players travelling in the desert may find this spell useful so they can refill their waterskins without cutting cacti. Farmers on Lunar spells also find Humidify useful when farming multiple allotments, and may use Cure Plant and Fertile Soil hand in hand.
Casting humidify can also be a good way of training magic while making a fair profit. This can be done by buying empty vials from an NPC store such as the Shilo Village General Store or the Lunar Isle General Store and converting them into vial of water. You can also use humidify to help save time when making soft clay by having the dry clay in your inventory, and casting the spell. This turns all clay into soft clay. Players should use a staff that provides unlimited Fire and Water runes (such as a Steam battlestaff) for maximum efficiency.
These tables assume all items are bought on the Grand Exchange and sold afterwards for guide price. All staves may use equivalents (eg. Mindspike (water) instead of Staff of water). A large rune pouch in the ammunition slot may be used to store runes for additional inventory space.
This table shows the difference of the price between filled and empty vessels. After subtracting the cost of the cast, that would be your profit.
||Difference in price between filled and unfilled vessel
This table shows how many vessels you may fill with one cast if you use various equipments.
Here are some specific examples:
|11||645|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 21 September 2020 (Update):
- Replaced various instances of the word 'Inventory' with 'backpack' in Lunar Spell descriptions and info/error messages.
- patch 5 July 2011 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to humidify during Castle Wars.
- patch 21 September 2010 (Update):
- The Humidify spell no longer causes sound for other players.
- patch 10 August 2010 (Update):
- Adjusted some of the humidify animations.
- patch 7 October 2009 (Update):
- Fixed a bug when casting the lunar spell Humidify.
- patch 2 September 2009 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to cast the Bake Pie and Humidify spells at the same time.
- Using Humidify used to be a common spell used irrelevantly in the Soul Wars minigame, when it was first released, until Jagex changed it so that players trying to cast the spell receive the message: "You're here to crush souls, not to play with pretty clouds!"
- Humidify will not fill a Bailing bucket.
- After an update on 5 July 2011, humidify can no longer be cast in Castle Wars. Players attempting to cast the spell would receive the message "Please go somewhere else if you want to do that."
- Humidify used to make a loud popping sound, but it was removed because players complained it was annoying.