|Release||24 May 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||75 coins|
|Low alch||50 coins|
|Exchange||391 coins (info)|
|Used for teleport spells.|
|FAQ • doc|
For non-members, the main source of law runes is from monster drops; most monsters that drop runes may occasionally drop law runes. Members can create law runes using the Runecrafting skill at level 54 at the Law Altar on Entrana gaining 9.5 experience. Non-members can only craft law runes in Daemonheim dungeons at level 54, giving 0.19 experience per essence.
Law runes can be stored in the Law staff which has a 10% chance to save law runes while equipped.
Crafting multiple law runes[edit | edit source]
- For more information about Runecrafting multiples, see crafting multiple runes.
* Can only be reached via boosts.
Use in spells[edit | edit source]
Non-member spells[edit | edit source]
Members' spells[edit | edit source]
Only members can cast these spells:
- South Feldip Hills Teleport
- House Teleport
- Camelot Teleport
- Ardougne Teleport
- Watchtower Teleport
- Trollheim Teleport
- Ape Atoll Teleport
- Tele-other Lumbridge
- Tele-other Falador
- Tele-other Camelot
- Enchant Crossbow Bolt (Diamond)
- Paddewwa Teleport
- Senntisten Teleport
- Kharyrll Teleport
- Lassar Teleport
- Dareeyak Teleport
- Carrallangar Teleport
- Annakarl Teleport
- Ghorrock Teleport
- Moonclan Teleport
- Tele-group Moonclan
- Ourania Teleport
- Waterbirth Teleport
- Tele-group Waterbirth
- South Falador Teleport
- Repair Rune Pouch
- Barbarian Teleport
- Tele-group Barbarian
- North Ardougne Teleport
- Khazard Teleport
- Tele-group Khazard
- Fishing Guild Teleport
- Tele-group Fishing Guild
- Catherby Teleport
- Tele-group Catherby
- Ice Plateau Teleport
- Tele-group Ice Plateau
- Cure Other
- Cure Me
- Cure Group
- Heal Other
- Heal Group
- Spellbook Swap
Buying law runes[edit | edit source]
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Ali's Discount Wares||Al Kharid||378||Coins||300|
|Aubury's Rune Shop (New Varrock)||New Varrock||378||Zemomark||10|
|Baba Yaga's Magic Shop||Lunar Isle||378||Coins||100|
|Lundail's Arena-side Rune Shop||Mage arena bank||378||Coins||100|
|Magic Guild Store - Runes and Staves||Wizards' Guild||378||Coins||100|
|Tutab's Magical Market||Ape Atoll||378||Coins||100|
From other players[edit | edit source]
|Price / Experience comparison|
|Grand Exchange price||GP / Exp|
Before the update of the Grand Exchange, law runes were sometimes slightly more expensive in free to play worlds. The only way to obtain law runes if you're a free player is from monster drops, and thus prices ranged up to and over 1,000gp a rune. Members worlds saw similar prices. Now with the Grand Exchange, however, the price remains the same in either game type.
Any player can buy or sell law runes on the Grand Exchange. The base price fluctuates slightly, but it tends to remain around 330 to 340 coins. The current price is 391 coins (according to the Grand Exchange Market Watch).
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Runes and talismans|
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||40.6%|
Other sources[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Market Price||Convert||Category|
Crafting law runes[edit | edit source]
Members can make their own law runes from pure essence if they go to the law altar with a law talisman in their inventory or whilst wearing a law tiara or omni-tiara, wielding a law talisman staff or wearing a wicked hood with a law talisman added. They need level 54 Runecrafting, and grant 9.5 experience points for every pure essence used. The law altar is located in the north-east of Entrana.
Prior to the Law Talisman Changes update on the 7 May 2008, players could only obtain the law talisman as a reward from completing the Troll Stronghold quest. The law talisman is no longer a reward from that quest, but rather, a drop from various monsters. Now, players can obtain a law talisman or tiara through trading or by purchase from the Grand Exchange. Many more players can now enter the Law Altar.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
There are three efficient ways to access the law altar (each without any armour or weapons):
- Abyss: Players have to run from Edgeville to the Abyss, enter the Law portal, craft the runes, then teleport back to Edgeville.
- Balloon transport system: Player have to run from Castle Wars to the balloon, Entrana balloon to altar, craft the runes, then teleport back to Castle Wars using a ring of duelling.
- Runecrafting Teleport Tablets: players can buy Law altar teleport tablets for 43 Runecrafting guild tokens (around 6,000 each in coins). Using 24 teleport tablets, 3 rings of duelling and small through large pouches, a player can craft 1,000 law runes in around 18 minutes.
The time taken by both the Abyss and Balloon Transport is nearly the same (a bit more than 1 minute). The Castle Wars route is safer but uses more energy potions or super energy potions in order to run for a longer period of time.
- It is impossible to use Law altar tablets while wielding or carrying any weapons or armour. This means that the player must use either a law tiara, omni-tiara, law talisman or law talisman staff, as the omni-talisman staff has equipment stats and thus cannot be brought onto Entrana. The Law talisman staff can be brought on, as it provides no stat bonuses, and the monks of Entrana will allow it on the island.
- Another method uses the Explorer Ring 3 or 4. You need to bring an Explorer's Ring, Ring of Kinship, pure essence and a law talisman/talisman staff/tiara. Having pouches also helps as usual. Teleport to the Cabbage Field and run to the Entrana ship. Put the Explorer's ring in the Deposit Box and enter the boat. Run to the Law Altar at the North-East and enter. Craft the essence into Law runes and teleport to Daemonheim. Go to the bank in Daemonheim and get your Explorer Ring back and your essence. Teleport to the Cabbage Field and do the rest again and again. Remember not to destroy the ring. Just put it in the Deposit Box otherwise you'll have no teleport to Port Sarim.
- Home Tele Edgeville -> Bank -> cabbage teleport -> deposit ring -> craft law runes -> repeat
- With the lodestone system, you can now get to the law altar by teleporting to the Port Sarim lodestone, which is very close to the ship. Then use any banking method (you can also use the Burthorpe lodestone for a quick bank) and repeat.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The most law runes required for a spell are 3, for the Heal Group spell.
- The symbol on the rune is the Scale of Justice.