Fire bolt is the second-strongest free-to-play Magic fire spell and the fourth-strongest fire spell for members in the standard spellbook. It requires two fire runes and two air runes to cast. The base damage of this spell is 336, and it scales up to 556 at 58 Magic.
Members who have completed the Family Crest quest can wear Chaos gauntlets which increase the maximum damage of the spell.
|2||248|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- update 20 November 2012 (Update):
- Elemental spells no longer require mind, chaos, death, or blood runes.
- update 24 June 2010 (Update):
- We’ve changed the animations for all of the Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave and Surge spells (for all four elements). These spells now use some of the game engine's newer features such as particles, and have updated sound effects to accompany them.
- update 9 June 2009 (Update):
- Other small changes concern the Strongholds of Security and of Player Safety, where only those in need of information will be quizzed, and the magic spell icons, which have had a graphical update.
- Before the RuneScape High Detail update, Fire Bolt differed in appearance and shape from other spells in its category. While Wind Bolt (now Air Bolt), Water Bolt, and Earth Bolt appeared pointy, Fire Bolt appeared round, and noticeably rotated in flight. After the update, all Bolt spells were changed to adopt the shape and texture of Fire Bolt, to maintain consistency.