Ice Barrage requires a Magic level of 94 to cast and can freeze your targets, immobilising them for 10 seconds, or 9.6 seconds for players. It has a 100% chance of freezing targets when cast as an auto-attack. If this spell is used with an ability, it only has a 10% chance of freezing, or a 20% chance if the caster has Dark Form active, the effect will attempt to trigger and display the freezing animation but will not freeze the target or consume runes if the target is stun immune. It requires two blood runes and five water runes to cast. The base damage of this spell is 883.
When cast as an auto-attack, this spell will strike a 3x3 square area surrounding the target, hitting other players and monsters in this space. Damage to secondary targets is 35% less.
Ice Barrage is widely used in team minigames as it can freeze multiple players at once, preventing them from tasks like scoring in Castle Wars or reaching an avatar in Soul Wars.
As with all Ancient Magicks spells, the quest Desert Treasure must be completed in order to cast this spell.
Ice barrage sound
Plays when players cast the ice barrage spell
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 17 August 2011 (Update):
- The ice barrage spell sound has been altered, and will now play the sound every time the spell is cast.
- patch 26 July 2011 (Update):
- Casting this spell no longer attempts to cast it on the caster.
- Solus Dellagar is shown to have used a special version of Ice Barrage where it covered a 5x5 radius (while killing all of the knights in the process), though it seems to have punishing effects as he was completely drained of power after using it.
- In the past, there used to be a common method of anti-pking called "anti barraging", where a group of players (5+) would stand on one square and all cast Vengeance (or one member would cast Vengeance Group). Then they would wait for a player to cast ice barrage on them. Because vengeance reflects 75% of the damage back onto the attacker, each person hit by the spell would reflect 75% of the damage taken back onto the caster, potentially inflicting massive amounts of damage.