Disruption Shield is a Lunar spell that nullifies the next melee, magic, ranged, or soft typeless hit that the player receives. It was released with the original Livid Farm update and costs 290,000 Produce points to unlock.
When struck, the player protected by Disruption Shield receives a message saying their Disruption shield has blocked damage, likewise, the attacker (in PvP) receives a message saying their target's Disruption Shield has blocked damage. Disruption shield takes priority over Vengeance and Resonance. It also takes priority over the ability Devotion and perk Enhanced Devoted, which means Disruption Shield is wasted on a hit that does 1 damage.
Disruption Shield has a 1 minute cooldown between casts. If the player casts Disruption Shield, waits one minute, enters combat and receives an attack that consumes the shield, they are able to cast Disruption Shield again immediately.
If a player with Soul Split active attacks another player who has Disruption Shield active, the attacking player will be healed according to whatever they would have hit had their target not used the spell.
Disruption Shield does not block damage from recoils, such as Vengeance, nor does it stop binds (but it will block the damage received from a bind).
It does not block hard typeless damage attacks, such as Nex's ice prison. Typeless hits that the player can reduce with defensive abilities, such as Nomad's Soul Blast, can be blocked with Disruption Shield.
It will not stop a Teleport block spell from working if it connects, though the damage will be blocked, and the Shield's user will not receive a message informing them that they are unable to teleport until an attempt is made.
Unlike Vengeance, Disruption Shield stays active between logging in and out and the player cannot cast it again if it is still active.
Any attack that resets defence abilities, such as Vorago's melee bleeds, also disables Disruption Shield.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 27 January 2020 (Update):
- The Disruption shield spell animation is no longer cancelled if you move whilst using it.
ninja 26 March 2018 (Update):
- Vengeance spells & Disruption shield will no longer be affected by global cooldown.
- patch 30 November 2015 (Update):
- Disruption shield no longer causes a global cooldown.
- patch 24 August 2015 (Update):
- The Vengeance and Disruption shield spells now have a cooldown graphic when on the ability bar.
- 24 August 2015 (Update):
- Disruption Shield can no longer be used on any spellbook if you used it from your actionbar.
- patch 15 December 2014 (Update):
- Players will no longer receive a message saying they can cast disruption shield again if they hadn't used the spell.
- patch 1 December 2014 (Update):
- The Disruption Shield spell now shares the same effect in PvM situations.
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Resonance and Disruption shields will no longer trigger from "1" damage hits.
- patch 21 January 2014 (Update):
- The Disruption Shield spell now works as intended.
- patch 11 June 2013 (Update):
- The Disruption Shield spell now functions correctly.
- 26 June 2012 (Update):
- Disruption Shield now only blocks one hitsplat. Prior to this it blocked all the hits in a certain amount of ticks, which allowed it to completely negate a special attack like the Dragon claw's.
- patch 7 February 2012 (Update):
- It is now possible to use Disruption Shield in a Duel.
- patch 3 May 2011 (Update):
- The Disruption Shield effect no longer carries over onto free worlds.
- This spell originally cost 720,700 produce points, then 576,560 points, and now 290,000 points.
- At one time, a player entering a duel with Disruption shield cast prior would not be able to cast it again during the duel, and it would still be active afterwards (even if they've taken damage). This was fixed, and the spell can now be used.
- When originally released, this was the second to the last spell to be unlocked.
- The global cooldown of Disruption Shield could be avoided by keybinding it to your action bar. After an update on 26 March 2018, the global cooldown was removed entirely.