Ice Burst requires a Magic level of 70 to cast and can freeze your targets, immobilising them for 4.8 seconds. It has a 100% chance of freezing targets when cast as an auto-attack. If this spell is used with an ability, it only has a 10% chance of freezing, or a 20% chance if the caster has Dark Form active, the effect will attempt to trigger and display the freezing animation but will not freeze the target or consume runes if the target is stun immune. It requires two death runes and four water runes to cast. The base damage of this spell is 672, and it scales up to 768 at 80 Magic.
When cast as an auto-attack, this spell will strike a 3x3 square area surrounding the target, hitting other players and monsters in this space. Damage to secondary targets is 35% less.
Ice Burst is often used to bind players in PvP minigames such as Castle Wars and Stealing Creation. It can also be used effectively in Pest Control due to the many pests congregated together.
As with all Ancient Magicks spells, the quest Desert Treasure must be completed to cast this spell.
Ice burst sound
Plays when player casts ice burst spell
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- An issue causing AoE spells, such as the burst and barrage ancient magicks, to not award adrenaline correctly has been fixed.
- patch 20 October 2014 (Update):
- Corrected the name of Ice Burst when freezing Chimp ices.
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- Players can no longer cast ice spells on a chimp ice whilst in monkey form.
- patch 26 July 2011 (Update):
- Casting this spell no longer attempts to cast it on the caster.