Borrowed Power is a spell in the Lunar spellbook. Level 99 Magic as well as work at Livid Farm are required for using this spell. It is unlocked by speaking to Pauline with 430,000 produce points. With this spell, the player has the ability to cast one of a selection of spells from the standard spellbook.
It allows the player to cast one of the following standard spells at a time:
In order to use Borrowed Power, the player must first claim the 'Set Borrowed Power!' wish by claiming-reward to Pauline, which costs 18,000 produce points. This requires enough runes to cast the spell 1,000 times, resulting in 1,000 charges of that spell. The runes are consumed after setting a spell to Borrowed Power. Casting Borrowed Power then requires 3 astral runes, removing one charge.
Most of the spells that Borrowed Power can be set to are of relatively limited usefulness, with the exceptions of Vulnerability and Entangle. If the player is on the ancient spellbook, they can cast Spellbook Swap to switch to lunar spells. From there, one can cast their chosen borrowed power. Casting Vulnerability this way can potentially save the player one inventory spot; Spellbook Swapping to the standard spellbook will not be necessary, so a large rune pouch that would normally hold chaos and soul runes for Vulnerability will not need to be brought. An alternative to this would be to simply carry and throw vulnerability bombs.
Once the player has Spellbook Swapped to the lunar spellbook, the chosen spell must be cast with an action bar keybind; Borrowed Power cannot be directly cast while the player is under the effects of Spellbook Swap. Swapping in this manner can give Entangle some niche uses, such as at very high enrage Telos for trapping Pure, Volcanic, and Corrupt anima-golems at a distance during the fourth and fifth phases.
Melee and ranged users on the lunar spellbook can access Vulnerability from Borrowed Power in addition to other useful combat spells such as Vengeance and Disruption Shield at the cost of some inventory spaces for the magic weapon switches and the runes. With the release of the Ingenuity of the Humans ability, a magic weapon is no longer necessary as the ability will guarantee Vulnerability will successfully hit if it is the first attack used after activation.
|3||1,521|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 16 April 2018 (Update):
- If you have your Borrowed Power set to high alchemy you can now use the explorer's ring to high alchemy again.
- patch 20 November 2017 (Update):
- Using the Borrowed Power wish from Pauline will no longer disconnect the player if using the wrong spellbook.
- patch 13 November 2017 (Update):
- An issue was resolved when players activating Vulnerability using the Borrowed Power spell in the Lunar spellbook.
- patch 13 February 2017 (Update):
- Borrowed Power can no longer be used from any spellbook.
- patch 24 March 2014 (Update):
- An issue with the Borrowed Power spell requiring the player to carry excess runes to cast High Level Alchemy has been corrected.
- patch 3 March 2014 (Update):
- An issue with Borrowed Power displaying an Armadyl rune requirement has been corrected.
- patch 22 May 2012 (Update):
- Borrowed Power now works correctly with High Alchemy.
- Prior to this, it was possible to be able to cast High Alchemy on three astral runes to consume one astral rune and no charges.
- update 23 August 2011 (Update):
- There are plenty of other great rewards to be won by dedicated minigame players, including:
- New lunar spells including 'Borrowed Power', which allows lunar magic users to use selected offensive spells.