Air Strike, a free-to-play Magic spell, is the weakest air spell in the standard spellbook. It requires one Air rune to cast. The base damage of this spell is 48, and it scales up to 153 at 16 Magic.
This is one of the few attack methods that can damage Salarin the Twisted. When used against him, the spell will either "miss" or deal 90 damage.
Air Strike is a very useful spell for new players who are just starting to train magic. The cost of the spell is very low, and players can even get the runes for 30 casts for free from Aubury in Aubury's Rune Shop located in Varrock. Players can also obtain a staff of air or equivalent that supplies air runes for free.
|0|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 20 November 2012 (Update):
- Elemental spells no longer require mind, chaos, death, or blood runes.
- Name changed from Wind Strike to Air Strike.
- update 24 June 2010 (Update):
- We’ve changed the animations for all of the Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave and Surge spells (for all four elements). These spells now use some of the game engine's newer features such as particles, and have updated sound effects to accompany them.
- update 9 June 2009 (Update):
- Other small changes concern the Strongholds of Security and of Player Safety, where only those in need of information will be quizzed, and the magic spell icons, which have had a graphical update.